Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Reason to Smile

My goal when I started blogging again was to at least get my club projects up every month. If I can do that, I'm going to consider it success. I know there are a lot more prolific bloggers out there, but I need to start with baby steps. In July Stampin' Up! had a promotion where you could purchase the Reason to Smile stamp set for $5 with an order of $50 or more, so I wanted to make a card using that set. So here's the card we made:


We embossed the flower from Reason to Smile onto watercolor paper using black embossing powder and then colored in the parts of each flower with markers. Then we used the Aqua Painters to blend the ink for a water-colored look. We finished it off by stamping the sentiment from Loving Thoughts onto Crumb Cake card stock and adding some 1/2" scalloped dots ribbon.

I know it's been a while since I posted any fun crafty projects and maybe no one is even reading my blog anymore. I really do blog for myself, to keep track of fun things I make and exciting things that happen around here, but I'd love it if you would leave a comment if you stop by! I also have some fun classes in the works, so be sure to pop in again soon.

2 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Love your card. The colors just pop on the black card base.

Anonymous said...

I care about your blog! I love that you will post the Stampin Up club projects as I often give away the cards and want to make more later. Keep on bloggin'.
Patsy

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!