Saturday, August 11, 2012

Laundry Room Reveal

I was paging back through some of my old blog posts and was embarrassed to see that I posted pictures of my laundry room in the "before" state but never shared the "after" pictures. Here's a link back to the before post, but I warn you, it's not for the faint of heart. I do have to admit that these pictures were taken before the kids moved back in with all of their stuff, but at least you can see there is more room and places for them to PUT their stuff. But it's not always this clean. Promise. Anyway, hope you like it. I sure do!

My husband worked really hard on a lot of what we did - he moved all of the plumbing and electrical, the duct work for the dryer and drains and hook-ups for the washer, and the ceiling fan. He tore out the sub-floor and assembled and hung all of the cabinets. He also designed and installed all of the board and batten to my exacting specifications. *grin* I wanted enough hooks so that the boys can hang all of their jackets - winter, rain, windbreaker, sweatshirts, etc. - and their backpacks and swim bags so that there's no excuse for anything to be on the floor. My vision was that the top hooks would be for jackets and sweatshirts and the like and the bottom hooks would be for backpacks. So far it's about 50/50 on whether things get hung up, but I don't think it's because there isn't a place for everything. So they have no excuses.

I've included some links below to as many of the materials as I could find/remember. If you have questions, just shoot me a comment. And if you like the links, let me know that too, it's something new I'm trying and I can't wait to include the links on a crafty project. I love being able to click right over to the products if I'm curious about something I see. I hope you like that too.
We purchased all of the cabinets from IKEA. They're an engineering marvel. All of the drawers and cabinet doors have soft closure mechanisms and I want them on every drawer and cabinet in my entire home. They're awesome.
I tried to find the floor tile online, but I don't know the name of it. It's black or dark dark grey ceramic tile and I love how it turned out. Laying the floor tile is one of the few jobs we (Mike) didn't do.
I checked into matching the countertop to our kitchen but it was ridiculously expensive. Instead I was able to find a remnant that fit what we needed and was less than $500. Our kitchen has Quartz, but the laundry room counter is granite.

So, it's been finished for about 9 months and I absolutely love everything about it. I have more storage in the upper cabinets and drawers. I'm kind of a "A place for everything and everything in its place" person and this suits my OCD tendencies perfectly. Oh and the sink is *just* big enough to fit my dog, which was another requirement. Lol. He hates it in there now. Ha!

Well, thanks for stopping by and thanks to those of you who took time to leave me a comment. My club was this week and we made some super fun cards so I'll be back to share some crafty goodness soon.


1 comment:

Audrey Doug said...

That's a pretty awesome transformation!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!