Monday, August 15, 2011

Art Wall & Summer Fun

I promised you all an update after I hung the wire art hangers I got from Ikea. I only got 2 packages of clips and wished I had more, but overall I'm thrilled with how it turned out. On my next trip I'll pick up a few more clips. Be sure and let me know what you think!

The kids helped me pick out their favorite pieces of art. I have all of their art folders from all of their school years, so it was fun for us to look back through them. If/when I get more clips, I'll probably add a couple more pieces of art and change things around a bit. For now, I'm happy with it, and happy that some of the kids' art is on display.

Here are a couple other things that have been keeping us busy. We took a trip to Lagoon (a small amusement park outside Salt Lake City, Utah.) The kids had fun and we survived the heat! Here are a few pictures. If you want to see anything better, just click on the picture to enlarge it.

 
Lagoon has a super old wooden roller coaster. The kids didn't believe us when we told them it was probably 50 years old and then we saw this poster that said it was built in 1921!!
 

We were planning to head home Saturday morning (it's about a 5-hour drive from Salt Lake to Boise) but my cousin got us some VIP passes to Park City, so we headed up there and had a BLAST!


The kids did the bungee-trampolines (I'm making that name up. I have no idea what they're called!) and we all did the alpine coaster and alpine slide. Mike and I also did the zip-line, but the kids didn't weigh enough.   We had a terrific time up there.

A week later, I took the boys down to spend a few days with my dad and step-mom in Idaho Falls. The raspberries were on, so the boys spent some quality time with my dad in what we like to call "The Raspberry Jungle" because the canes are taller than all of them. Dad included! They also helped my dad pick all of the cherries off his little tree. I can't believe how many cherries were on that tree! We got to bring home some of the fruits of our labor. Yum!

I didn't get any pictures of the boys in the raspberries this year, but here are a couple from a few years ago to give you an idea of why we call it the "Raspberry Jungle."
  

And here are a few pictures of the boys picking cherries with my dad.
 Grandpa gave the boys a lesson on proper cherry-picking technique. Pull up and leave the stems on!






I'll be back in a few days to share some cards.
   

4 comments:

Carrie Rhoades said...

Oh my word, that art wall is so stinkin awesome! I NEED THAT, road trip to IKEA?

denise:) said...

It looks great! Love the artwork display. Ikea is the holy land.

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Those times with Grandpa will be precious. I remember my kids harvesting the garden with my Mom. So sweet.

Margo Kelly said...

Those are fantastic photos ... and I absolutely love the wire hangers! My mom collected some of our childhood artwork and had the pieces matted and framed professionally. She still has many of them hanging in her house now, but I remember as a kid thinking that was pretty cool!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!