Monday, July 18, 2011

Stampin' Up! Convention Display Samples

I got SO much flack at Convention this week about the fact that my blog still had pictures from Thanksgiving! Ok! Enough already, people! My life is BUSY!! Although I regularly take pictures with the intention of posting them here, life gets in the way and then 6 months have gone by.

Anyhoo. I do want to share with you some exciting news. For those of you who don't know, I was selected by Stampin' Up! to create display samples for convention this year. At Stampin' Up! Regionals in Boise this year, I approached Donna Griffith (from SU!) and told her I'd be willing to create some sewing samples if they needed any help. She took my business card and I got an email from SU! the next week asking me for some pictures of sewing projects I've done. I sent them some pictures and they asked me to do samples! Woo Hoo! So over the next week or two I'll post a different sample every day. I got to make samples with ALL of the fabric, so I think there are about 15 samples. I'll group them by fabric type so I don't keep you waiting quite so long. I'm certain the anticipation is killing you. Right? And since I just got back from convention, I'll include pictures of my projects on the display boards.

The first samples I'm going to share use the Timeless Portrait fabric. I made a reversible vest and matching bow tie and a party dress.



And here they are on display at convention! It makes me so happy to see my stuff on display. It's all I can do not to stand there and point out my projects to everyone! He he he he. People get annoyed when I do that. Go figure.

I hope you liked these projects. I'll be back tomorrow to show you the next set. 

2 comments:

denise:) said...

Wow! That's some gorgeous material- you did a beautiful job putting the patterns together. Congrats on being a SU Special gal! Did you have a blast at convention?

Carrie Rhoades said...

This dress is my favorite item you made, love it! Your samples ROCKED!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!