Monday, January 3, 2011

Busy as a Bee

Hopefully by now you all know that I'm pretty much a "hit and miss" blogger. I blog when I have time and when I don't, well, you all know how that goes. I do have to admit that every time I make something crafty or yummy I think to myself that I should put it on my blog. But then life gets in the way and it doesn't happen.

A while back my girlfriend, Gina, and I had coffee (which we don't do enough!) and she was giving me a hard time about not blogging. When I told her I just don't have time to sit and edit the pictures, she recommended batch processing. Well, today is the day I finally tried it, and let me tell you, I may be a more prolific blogger because of it! Woo Hoo! It rocked my world tonight! As a result, I'm going to post some of the crafty creations (and yummy ones too) that have kept me from blogging! I was SO busy before Christmas cranking out crafty goodness. Hopefully there's still someone out there who cares! I may even tell you every minute detail of our Disney World trip. Soon you'll all be sorry I discovered batch photo processing and "unfollow" my blog because I'm boring you with every detail of my life! HA! I'll try to restrain myself.

Anyhoo. I'm going to start with something I made in October. I started thinking about the holidays and my girlfriend, Carrie, made the cutest wreath with the Christmas paper from the Holiday mini. I can't remember the name and since it's all retired now I'm not even going to go look it up. I copied her wreath and then thought it was so cute I made one for my sister for her birthday! I think they're adorable, but I'll let you be the judge.
The first one is the one I made for me! I love the colors in that paper and the shiny glitter in some of the patterns. The wreath is made using the Candy Wrapper die. I made 17 (I think) candy wrappers in all of the different patterned papers and then I glued the flat edges together with my trusty glue gun. It was pretty sturdy, but just to make sure it didn't fall apart, I cut a circle out of the fiberboard the comes on the back of a package of DSP and glued it to the back. It's white, so it didn't show much. I added lots of fun embellishments including ribbons, buttons and brads and lots of the snowflakes from the long die in the Holiday mini. In the interest of my new "fast" blogger style, I'm not looking this stuff up. If you have a question you can email me. k? 
This is the wreath I made for my sister. She likes more vintagey (yes, I made that word up) things, so this paper was more her style and she loooved it. She had it on a darling little shelf in her apartment and it just looked so adorable! 

And now, just cause I can add so many more photos at the touch of a photoshop elements button, I share with you an exciting event in the lives of my kids.
In September, Idaho got it's first Apple store. Such a fun place. The only problem is, we took the kids the day after it opened and now they BEG us to go every week after church so they can play with all of the new toys! Egads! 
 

 

I'm pretty sure we could drop them off every morning and pick them up when the mall closes and they'd be in hog heaven. They LOVE the iPads. It's just a bigger version of the iPod touches they use all the time at home and they have so much fun on it. Jordan has mastered Angry Birds and the big boys have fun playing air hockey. Crazy times. The computer I used in high school required DOS programming. I'm just saying. Now if only Verizon and Apple would get with the program and offer a Verizon iPhone. Soon. Hopefully soon. 

2 comments:

Robin Merriman said...

LOVE those wreaths! I so wish I'd seen that before Christmas! Just gorgeous!
Hope you and yours had a great Christmas!

Margo Kelly said...

Love the pictures! I was shocked when I saw the Apple store for the first time. It is pretty eye-catching.

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!