Tuesday, March 23, 2010

GSG Swap

The last couple of swaps I've participated in with the Great Swaps Girls group have had fewer participants, but there's still a die-hard group of demonstrators who usually participate. We did two swaps in January - one for the Occasions Mini Catalog and one for Sale-a-Bration. I'll start off today by showing you the cards I made for the swap.


This is the card I made for the Occasions Mini Catalog swap. I used the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit to cut the cute heart. The pink and green paper is from the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack, and the tag is from the Tiny Tags stamp set and is punched out with the new Jewelry Tag punch. I tied the tag onto the heart with embroidery thread.


I think this was my favorite of the two cards I made. It's super clean and simple, but so elegant. I made this card for the Sale-a-Bration swap. I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder from the Occasions Mini Catalog to emboss the panel on the front. The focal image was stamped in Bashful Blue ink with the Vintage Labels Sale-a-Bration stamp set. I stamped the Mr. & Mrs. image from Teeney Tiny Wishes, but noticed after the fact that there's also a Mr. & Mrs. image in the Tiny Tags set. D'oh. I added some of the tiny rhinestones from the Eggcellent Eggs kit in the Occasions Mini Catalog. I seriously LOVE those little rhinestones. If they don't make it into the next catalog I may actually shed a tear. In fact, I tried last week to order more of the egg kits just to get the rhinestones and it looks like they're sold out!!  *snif* Anyway, I cut the scallopey (yes, I made that word up) oval from the Lots of Tags sizzlits dies and layered that with an oval cut from Bashful Blue and the Ovals Original die. They layer perfectly with the wide oval punch. I love it when a plan comes together. :O)

No comments:

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!