Sunday, March 21, 2010

10th Birthday Card

Well, I had one more Birthday RAK (Random Act of Kindness) to show you and now I can't find it! ACK! I'll keep searching and hopefully be able to share it soon. :O(

In its place, today I'll share the card I made for my son when he turned 10. I used the Pop-up Birthday Cake die. I'm always so busy rushing around getting ready for birthday parties when my kids have a birthday, that I often don't get a card made for them. It's a terrible thing, I know. But you know what they say, "The cobbler's children have no shoes." It's absolutely true at my house. So, although I wasn't thrilled with the colors on this card, just the fact that I got a card made was a big accomplishment!


I used my Simple Alphabet Numbers dies to cut out the chipboard numbers. I love how easy it is to make custom chipboard numbers and letters with those dies! And they turn out perfect every time without all of the filing and fussing you have when you try to use pre-made chipboard. The striped designer paper and the matching olive twill are a belly-band that holds the card shut. The cards with the pop-up cake inside need a little extra help. 


Did you know that Karen Burniston has a blog? She designed some of the pop-up dies that Stampin' Up! sells (or maybe all of them!). Her blog is called "I Am Not Left Handed." She has some awesome tips on using the pop-up cake die. Here's a link to the PDF. You can find it on her blog in the column on the left where it says, "Download Supplemental Cake Die instructions & Troubleshooting Guide." If you haven't seen them you should check it out. It includes great tips that make the cake much more stable. 


I stamped the Happy Birthday with the Happy Everything stamp set and then added Dawson's name with the Billboard Alphabet decorative strip die. So fun! Dawson loved it and so did all of the boys at his birthday party. They kept passing it around. Dawson said, "She made it!" and the boys said, "Who made it?" Dawson said my mom did. You don't often see a group of 9 and 10 year old boys in awe, but they all thought I was a rock star. Maybe I should have put a Stampin' Up! catalog in their party treat bags! HA! 

No comments:

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!