Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lovely As A Tree Christmas

I really do think that if the Lovely As A Tree stamp set ever retires I'll have to go into mourning for a while. I love this set. I don't use it a ton, but at Christmas I want to use it on every card. I've seen so many amazing Christmas cards using this set and I never tire of them. This card was inspired by Leslie Miller. I saw a card on her blog that used stamps from a different company, but knew immediately that I could do something similar with Stampin' Up! products.

For this card I started with a whisper white base and created a mask using the large scalloped oval die for the Big Shot. I stamped the trees inside the mask using Versamark and embossed them with silver embossing powder. Then I sponged Bashful Blue ink over the trees and stamped the sentiment from All Holidays in Night of Navy. I added the scalloped oval in vellum back over the stamped image and a knot of satin organza ribbon. I really can't get enough of this stamp set. Somehow I resisted using it too much this year. Thanks for indulging me!

No comments:

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!