Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Autumn Splendor Shimmer

It's been so long since I posted stamping projects that I keep worrying that I've already posted these projects! If I have, please forgive me and move on, but I've searched and can't find this in my blog history, so here goes. I got the idea for this card on the SU! website and modified it just a teensy bit. I LOVED this Autumn Meadows DSP. The colors were so rich and yummy! And I was lucky enough to get this Autumn Splendor stamp set and the Grateful Greetings set as a gift from SU! for FREE!!*


For this card I inked the leaves in Champagne Shimmer Paint and stamped it on the paper with the grid. Then I inked the same stamp with Taken With Teal and Really Rust and stamped off once and then inked the edges with the same Champagne Shimmer Paint and stamped them onto Very Vanilla card stock. It gave the leaves a really nice shimmer around the edges. I cut out two of the leaves - one in each color and mounted them onto the DSP with Dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip and then I added a strip of the striped pattern under the torn edge at the top and a strip of the teal pattern at the bottom. An antique brass library clip and a small piece of hemp twine finished off the focal point. I used the spritzer tool to add some interest to the base of the card. I love how this turned out. The shimmer paint really made a big difference.

*Speaking of which, if you'd like to earn stamp sets for FREE and get 20% off of everything you buy from Stampin' Up! now is a terrific time to sign up as a demonstrator. Why? I'm glad you asked! From now until the end of March, the Stampin' Up! Starter Kit is on sale for $169. Even at $199, this kit is an amazing value that includes products worth more than $330, so it's always a surprise to me when SU! offers it at a discount. You also have the choice of the Digital Starter Kit for just $157 and you can add the Stampin' Memories kit to either Starter Kit for just $50!

During Sale-a-Bration, you can also choose ANY stamp set (up to $47.95) FREE in addition to everything in your starter kit! AND there's more! You get a 30% discount on your first order and a 20% discount on every order after that. AND since it's Sale-a-Bration, if your first order is more than $300, you earn an extra stamp set. If you're doing the math along with me, that's SEVEN FREE STAMP SETS! AND if you're the hostess for your first order, you will also qualify for hostess benefits which will add a Level 1 or Level 2 stamp set AND $35 in free merchandise! Seriously! Why would you not want to take advantage of this amazing opportunity? You could earn EIGHT FREE STAMP SETS AND $35 IN FREE MERCHANDISE!!! It's crazy! I know! Think it over and call or email me if you have any questions. I'd be thrilled for you to join my little group of demonstrators, and you're still invited to all of my events, usually at a discount!

2 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, this is gorgeous! Now you've got me thinking I should have got this stamp set and paper!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

I just love Autumn Splendor--you can use it in so many ways, and it always looks great.

The way you shaded the veining here is sooooo pretty; it adds an extra touch of 'wow!' to your terrific card!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!