Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kids Birthday Cards

My kids have been to so many birthday parties since school started that I've lost count. Somehow, even though I have a ton of cards on hand, when I want one for an actual event or person I never seem to have what I want. One of the things I'm ALWAYS short of is birthday cards for kids. When the onslaught of birthday parties began this year I went in search of a birthday card I really liked and I found one I liked so much that I'm pretty sure I've made about 20 of these since school started.

I found this card on Kristina Werner's website and fell in love with it. It also helped that I recently got the Alphabet Simple Numbers dies for my big shot machine. I just can't get enough of covering chipboard with designer paper and cutting out these numbers. I know I've made several of these cards for my 4-year old to take to parties, so his had 5's on them. I've made several for my 7-year old to take to parties and his had 8's on them, and I've even made a few for my 9-year old with 10's on them! I love this retired DSP on this card along with the retired Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon. My only regret is that I'm running out of it! Well, that's not my only regret. The other thing I regret is that I haven't had an opportunity to make one for a girl yet! I can't wait to do one of these in pink! Heck! I may even add glitter!!


Here's another one. This one I created this week for my nephew who will be 8 next week. I really just can't get enough of these! They're so fun to make and super cute!

5 comments:

carrierhoades said...

those are so cute!!! I love it, starred it, tagged it, will case it!

Marie said...

Love this LO and the use of the vellum over the DSP squares!! Great cards!

Kay Kalthoff said...

I LOVE these cards, Britney!! I've had the Simple Numbers on my Wish List since July!! But this card has "pushed me over the edge!" It's going on my very NEXT order! You rock, girl!
Kay

denise;) said...

I love it!! Uber cute! I have the BS on my demo order... all i need to do is "submit"! I should add those numbers in....

Kristin said...

That IS a great card- great catch finding it and keeping it in mind for all those birthday cards you've needed. I say go ahead and make a girl one, whether you need it or not! We all need our pink and glitter every now and then!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!