Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
- The winner can put the logo on their blog
- Link to the person you received the award from (see above)
- Nominate 7 other blogs (see below)
- Put the links of those blogs on your blog (see below)
- Leave a message on the blogs you nominate
- Link to the person who tagged you (check)
- Post the rules on your blog (check)
- Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
- Tag 6 people and link to them (see below)
- Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
- I'm afraid of spiders - really. I know it's irrational, but it's a serious fear. Just ask my college roommates. Maybe I need therapy.
- I went to the Philippines as a missionary with YWAM between my freshman and sophomore years of college. We spent 3 months on the southernmost island - Mindanao. It was a life-changing experience. I'm still friends with many of the people from my group.
- My oldest son's first name is my maiden name. Dawson.
- I was really really good friends with my husband for 10 years before we got married. We met at church.
- My parents divorced when I was 7. I lived mostly with my mom, but spent summers with my dad when I was young.
- My dad ran the ski school at the local ski resort when I was young. We skied every weekend whether we wanted to or not. I got tired of it and worked in the snack shop in the lodge serving hot chocolate starting when I was about 8. I'll never forget the 8-track tapes we used to listen to on the way up to the ski hill (while we were laying in the back of my dad's trail blazer - seat belt? what's that?) - Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson. Ahhhh the memories!
- After I just showed you a bunch of her cards that I copied, I have to tag Jenn Diercks!
- Karen Giron
- Marie McClellan
- Ashley Van Camp
- Makeesha Byl
- Mercy Kerin
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I also finally hung up this poster I got at convention last summer. It's Stampin' Up!'s statement of the heart and it matches the walls in my craft lab exactly! YAY! I had been looking haphazardly for a frame and found this one on sale at Michaels today for $9. What a bargain!
I've been stalking all of the new catalog chatter on the web today and cannot WAIT to see my new copy! Oh, and did 'ya see I ran again today??!! Yes I did! Nearly died, but did it. And I also decided to go ahead and weigh in at WW this morning. I was SO glad I did when I was ONLY UP .8lbs!! Wahoo! I was beside myself I was so thrilled! I rewarded myself with a Grande Coffee Frapuccino Light (only 2 ww pts.) It's after 11 p.m. now and I'm STARVING, so that's always good for the scale in the a.m. I'm REALLY hoping I can hit a 20 lb. loss before my birthday, which is sneaking right up in the next few weeks. More on that later!
Okay, off to bed. Thanks for checking in!
So I'm sitting at the computer and Jordan runs up and says, "Mommy, do you like cows?" I said, "Yes! I do like cows." I guess I thought no matter what my opinion, he would take it at face value and that would be that. But then he said, "Why?" Now, I don't know about you, but I hadn't given a lot of thought to cows and was a little taken off guard. My reply was, "Because they give us milk and because they're nice." (You know, as opposed to *wild* animals that will eat you if given the chance.) His reply was, "And because the brown ones give you chocolate milk?" And I said, "Yes, darling. I LOVE chocolate milk." Because no one wants to get into an argument with their 3 year old.
Mike got this for me for my birthday last year. It has a little sensor that will fit into your shoes if you have Nike shoes, but I just have a little pouch that attaches to my shoelaces. Then there's a plug that attaches to your iPod*. You sync them together and then when you run it keeps track of how far you've gone, how many minutes you ran, your pace (min/mi), and how many calories you burn. You can even get status updates mid-run just by pressing the center button on the iPod. My favorite thing is that when I'm done running, if I've gone farther or faster than before, either Paula Radcliffe or Lance Armstrong comes onto my iPod and tells me what a rock star I am! Every little bit of encouragement counts. Right? Last week I even created my Nike+Mini. Did you notice her over on the left? She makes sure you all know that running is basically a piece of cake for me and that I really am a stud muffin. HA! What she does really tell you is how many workouts I've done (hopefully if you check back that number will go up!), total miles I've gone, my average pace, and how far I went on my last run. Plus, she's pretty cute! And she sports some pretty sweet moves!
*Note: my new iPod touch has this part built in, but it's bigger and heavier than my old iPod nano so I don't usually run with the touch.
I was going to post some pictures of my craft lab, but I'm having trouble getting them to upload so I'll be back with another post soon!