Friday, September 25, 2009

Tree Trimmings Ornament


When I first saw the Tree Trimmings stamp set I thought it might be fun to create an actual ornament with one of the ornament images from the set. How to do that was an entirely different issue. After some experimentation I was finally able to pull it off. For this ornament I stamped the ornament image twice onto a window sheet with Silver Encore ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder to set the image. Then I cut the two images out carefully.  After I cut the images out I cut one of the images in half from the top to the center. Then I cut the other one in half from the bottom to the center. I then slid the two ornaments together along the slits. I used Crystal Effects to secure them together so that they didn't fold flat. I also used the Crystal Effects to attach a piece of clear monofilament (plastic string like fishing line) that the ornament could hang from. Once I had the stamped ornament finished I gently rolled the image together and slipped it inside of a clear glass ornament. I glued the top of the monofilament to the inside of the ornament topper so it hangs from that. Once the topper was placed back on the ornament I finished it off with a knot of red ribbon. I really like how it turned out. You could create a beautiful set of ornaments for your own tree or to give as a gift. Be sure to stop back by tomorrow for another fun project. Hope to see you then!

4 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful ornament. Thanks for sharing the idea.
JoAnn

Vera said...

What a gorgeous ornament, Britiney! I love it!

Marie said...

I LOVE this and will have to CASE :)

janet Elam said...

What a fun idea; very pretty. I'll have to try this!!!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!