Monday, September 28, 2009

Tree Trimmings Banner



After I created the glass ornament with the stamped ornament inside, I couldn't wait to find something else I could hang those darling little ornaments from and it suddenly occurred to me that they might look pretty hanging from the bottom of a banner. You should have heard me squeal!

Once again I used the beautiful Bella Bleu Designer Paper and cut out the banner with the Pennant Die and trimmed off the scalloped edges. Then I cut out the pennant pieces from Not Quite Navy card stock and mounted the DSP pennants onto them. I cut out the letters from Kraft card stock using the Serif Essentials alphabet dies.

Once I had those two steps done, I outlined the letters and the edges of the pennants where the two papers meet with the Two-Way Glue pen and covered them in Turquoise Ultra Fine Cosmo Glitter. I created my own "rivets" from Not Quite Navy card stock where I threaded ribbon along the top to hang the banner from. The Elementary Ribbon Originals includes the yummy Not Quite Navy taffeta ribbon I used along the top.

At the bottom of each pennant I created another ornament hanger by stamping the ornament image on a window sheet with Not Quite Navy craft ink and then embossing them with clear embossing powder. I cut them out carefully and glued a string of monofilament along the back with Crystal Effects. I strung ivory pearls and beads on the top and bottom of the stamped ornaments and attached the monofilament to the bottom of the pennants. The little Kraft Taffeta bows at the bottom of each pennant add a fun and elegant touch.

I was so thrilled with how this turned out I could barely bring myself to send it in to SU! I haven't yet taken the time to recreate this for myself, but I sure hope to before the holidays. I may even have to do it with some of the delicious new flocked DSP in the Holiday Mini! If I get that done you can be sure you'll see it here!! Thanks for your patience while I finally got all of my display projects posted. I appreciate all of you who have taken the time to leave me a comment.

Although I'm out of Convention Display projects, I'm never out of ideas. Stop back by soon to see more fun projects!

2 comments:

Kay Kalthoff said...

Oh, my gosh . . . this is soooo stunning! I can totally see why you were reluctant to give it up to SU!! One of the prettiest banners I've yet seen and I've seen a lot of them! TFS!
Kay

Christa said...

I loooove this! SO fun and elegant at the same time. I wouldn't have been able to part with it! Beautiful job.

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!