Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tree Trimmings Background


I love it when I can use a stamp set in a way that is different than what it was intended, and I was excited when I came up with this idea for using the Tree Trimmings stamp set. On the Tempting Turquoise background I used one of the ornament stamps to create a sort of damask-like background. It gives some interest to the page and some subtle texture. I finished off the page with a picture of my family and the "Tt" from Defining Alphabet combined with the "Together" definition stamped onto vellum. I have another project using this stamp as a background image, but I can't find a picture of it. I'll take one and get that up in the next few days. Until then, stop by for a few more of my absolute favorite projects with this stamp set. I'm saving the best for last!!

3 comments:

bristowmom said...

Oh my goodness Britiney, you have turned into a stamping genius! Fabulous idea! Beautiful page!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful photo and layout. I like the stamped image on the background paper.
JoAnn

Margaret Moody said...

How smart you are, Britiney! This page is wonderful, not only because it's beautiful, but because you did find another way to use that stamp set! I love how the background looks! Love your colors, too!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!