Friday, September 18, 2009

More Things I Love



Here's another card I created for my Convention Display Samples using the Things I Love stamp set. This one uses a layout very similar to the card I shared yesterday, but this one highlights the cute shoe image. Everyone loves shoes, right? Well, every woman anyway. For this card I stamped the shoe image and the words in Versamark and embossed them with black embossing powder. For the mats and the accent at the bottom I used the faux alligator technique. (My Ladies' Night Out gals got to use this technique to make an adorable purse this week. I'll show you that later.) For this technique you cover black card stock (in this case, you could really do this technique on any color of card stock) with Versamark and then coat it with embossing powder - either clear or black will work for this. Then use your bone folder to draw lines in the embossing powder and heat. You get this fun faux alligator texture on your card stock that is super cute on girlie projects like this one and the cute purse (see how I'm keeping you all on the edge of your seat for that one!) I finished this one off with the beautiful organza ribbon. The base of the card is Black card stock and the front is Pretty in Pink. I love the look of black and white and pink for girlie cards. When you add black patent leather shoes, it's almost too much!

2 comments:

JulieA said...

Ooooo, over the top with the faux allig. tech!!!!! LOVE what you did here!!!!!!

bristowmom said...

Wow Britiney, this is a fabulously beautiful card! One question - did you punch your scallops before or after the embossing?

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!