Monday, September 14, 2009

Faux Shaving Cream Medallion

Here's another card we made at my Ladies' Night out. See! Now don't you wish you'd come! Call or email me to find out when we're meeting again. You can also see my class schedule on my Demonstrator Website. Be sure to check it out!!
I got the inspiration for this card from Tiffany Bauer over at My Crafty World. You can see her card here. Again, I CASED this almost exactly, because when I see something I absolutely love I don't want to change a thing and her card was stunning! For this card we used the beautiful new Medallion stamp. I inked it up in Cameo Coral and then inked up a wheel in Ruby Red. I then smooshed (yes, that's a technical stamping term) the inked wheel around on the inked stamp. Then give the stamp a little huff of breath to make sure it's still moist and stamp it down on your card stock. The result is this beautiful swirled image which looks a lot like the shaving cream technique without the mess. On this card we also used the color spritzer to add the speckled background. I didn't realize my customers hadn't seen or used it before, so that was a fun little bonus. I'm going to have to get that out more often! Thanks again for stopping by.

2 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors. Thanks for sharing the technique.
JoAnn

JulieA said...

Very pretty!!!!!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!