Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

As part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, the local Susan G. Komen affiliate does a bra display around Boise. Because my mom volunteers in their office, and because she doesn't think I have enough to do *grin*, she signed us up to decorate one of the bras. Our bra will hang at Global Travel (a travel agency) downtown, so we wanted something with a travel theme. Here's what we came up with.



I thought it turned out SUPER cute. We painted the cups with fabric glue and then poured sand onto the glue from my kids' sand box. The water is cut from fabric and we added glitter along the wavy edges. My mom found all of the cute beach stickers somewhere in town. For the palm trees we wrapped the straps with brown fabric and then cut leaves from green fabric. The coconuts are circles cut from brown felt. I love how it turned out and may even have to make a trip downtown to see it displayed. If I do, I'll try to remember to take my camera! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!