Monday, August 31, 2009

What I did on the first day after summer vacation . . .

A faint chorus of HALLELUJAHS was heard all over Boise today as school started again. All of the mothers heaved a sigh of relief and treated themselves to pedicures and coffee with girlfriends.

Here are some pics of my boys, who I love so much it hurts, but who I was so glad to see go back to school.
They were super mopey this morning as they got ready for school. When we got to school several people even said to Mason, "It's okay. It won't be that bad." he he he But they were all smiles when they got home with lots of fun stories to tell about their first day.
When I took this picture I realized Dawson didn't have his glasses on (he hasn't worn them all summer but needs them for school) so I took another one after we hunted them down.

They're so sweet, but they've been such stinkers the last week or two. Jordan starts preschool tomorrow. Here's little Mr. Left Behind sporting his "Armor of God."


So, what did I do today? Well, we repainted the den (our home office) and got new furniture a while back (that's another blog post in and of itself, but I won't get into that today.) The walls have been bare since the new paint went up, but I've had a giant stack of frames all ready to go up. I wanted a collage wall of frames, but was afraid to try it for fear of filling the newly painted walls with holes. I just couldn't visualize how to get them all straight and evenly spaced. But all of a sudden I had an epiphany about how to make it work and so today I did it and it worked just like I'd hoped.

Here are the frames all laid out how I want them to go on the wall.


I didn't take a full "before" photo of the blank wall, but in the picture below I've hung the first 3 frames.

Here's an "after" picture of the wall with all of the frames. (Pay no attention to the pictures - I was more interested in getting the frames up. The next step is filling them all with pictures that go the right way!! Oh and pictures that are of MY family!!)


Here's a peek at the room with all of the pictures up.
That's it for today. Tomorrow I may even get some stamping done. Or better yet, clean my craft lab so I CAN get some stamping done.

2 comments:

Janet Elam said...

You know, I was looking at your pictures and noticed that some of them were sideways then read that you were going to replace with pictures going the "right" way. The more I looked at the pictures, it's really interesting to see some of them sideways.... you ought to look at them that way for a while and then decide if you really want to replace them. You know, thinking outside the box :)
the collage is snice, makes me want to rethink some hangings I have.

Marie said...

Love this idea with all of the picture frames. I've been wanting to do something similar and I like the idea of laying it out on the floor too. Now just to get our family portrait re-printed since it got ruined!!! :( TFS!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!