Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oh Dear Where Has The Summer Gone!

The summer is rapidly screeching to a close and I've still got so so so much to share with you!!! eeeks! At this rate I'll never catch up!! First, let me share a few more of my convention display samples with you.

Another set we had to work with is called Sweet Season. It's on page 29 of the Idea Book & Catalog.

For this first card I used the scalloped snowflake image for the background. I stamped it in whisper white on Bashful Blue card stock and then traced around the outside with a 2-way glue pen and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I loved the way it turned out! I stamped the sentiment onto shimmery white card stock. The Bashful Blue mat has Dazzling Diamonds around it as well. A touch of white taffeta ribbon added a little more elegance. I love how glittery this card turned out.

This card has some similarities to the one above, with a few changes. First, I stamped the scalloped snowflake image with versamark on whisper white card stock and embossed it with iridescent ice embossing powder. I layered this image onto another piece of whisper white and finished off the card with some white satin ribbon and a beautiful Christmas sentiment stamped in Going Grey ink and punched out with the 1 3/4" circle punch. I rolled the piece on the versamark pad and embossed the edges with iridescent ice embossing powder to match the rest of the card. It's simple and beautiful.

After doing both of the cards above, I think I prefer the look of the glitter on the blue card to the look of the embossing powder on the white card. It's just, well, glittery-er. It's also a little more work, for whatever that's worth. If you didn't have a gazillion of these to make, you could use the glitter, but the embossing powder speeds up the process and is less messy.

The next sample wasn't on the display boards at convention. I'm not sure if it got crushed in transit or if they just didn't like it (which is okay with me because it wasn't my favorite project either!), but the first thing I thought of when I saw the stamp set was how fun it would be to use with a bag of homemade cookies as a gift. I couldn't really send cookies, so I found a picture on the internet and put it inside the bag. The window sheet lets you see the yummy cookies!

In keeping with the cookie theme, the same stamp worked perfectly on this scrapbook page of my kids making Christmas cookies.

I also made this cute little origami box out of the Bella Bleu paper. The luscious Not Quite Navy ribbon from the Elementary Ribbon Originals looked so beautiful with this paper. You may even see another project with similar supplies! *wink* *wink* The little tag stamp from this set is perfect for any type of little gift box or container.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

JulieA said...

I love these projects! No WONDER you were picked as a display stamper! I especially love the two snowflake cards. Glitter and Iridescent Ice are my fav's! Thanks for sharing with us!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!