Sunday, August 30, 2009

Convention Highlights

I'll be the first to admit that it seems like I've been home from convention for a year, and that you've probably already all seen all of the most important highlights on other blogs. Be that as it may, I'm still going to share some of my personal highlights, just for fun.

Finally, after 4 conventions, I was able to take a tour of the Riverton, UT, headquarters of Stampin' Up! It's an amazing facility and I was so glad to check it all out.

Here's a picture of me in the spectacular atrium. What a wonderful place to work.

The next few pictures are from the Legacy Area which is where they tell about the history of the company and they have beautiful areas decorated with Stampin' Up! products.

I love this valance and the ric-rac at the top of the wall. Both are made of DSP. I'm going to try to copy that valance in my craft lab!

This wall is stamped with the small image from Baroque Motif. I loved how simple it was. Again, another idea I might try to copy somewhere in my house.

I thought this frame collage of images from the Decor Stencils and Decor Elements was such a unique and fun idea. Stunning.
And here's a shot of the area where they fill our orders. What an operation.

This year is my 5 year anniversary with Stampin' Up! so I got to walk across the stage to celebrate. Here's a picture of me on stage.
I think I'd been at convention for two days before I realized they had a board listing all of the display stampers' names. I was so surprised when I finally saw it. Here's a picture of me pointing to my name on the board. What an honor to have been chosen along with all of those amazing stampers!!
Here's a picture of me with the group of ladies who are in my Stampin' Up! family. It is always so fun to see them all and spend a few days together.
Here's a picture of me with my bff, Carrie. We met at convention two years ago. She's a precious friend and sister in Christ.
I had warned Carrie all week that if I saw JanTink I was going to make a scene. I love love love her blog! Well, when I saw her I was able to keep it under control, but I did get my picture taken with her. She was such a sweetheart about it. I'm sure she was mobbed all week. She's a fantastic stamper and so hilarious. Thanks, Jan! I was honored to meet you!!

I haven't included any projects or stamping in my highlights. If I come across anything I think you can't live without I'll be sure to post it later. Most of the biggest highlights for me included the people and the experiences, although the stamping is such a nice little bonus.

1 comment:

Christa said...

ummm...YOU look gorgeous! What a fun time! I looove the picture frame wall collage. I'll probably ask you about it in 20 years when I have a home of my own...so remember it, okay? *wink,wink* :) Fun, fun, fun ideas! And congrats on five years! So glad you had a good time! LOVE you!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!