Saturday, July 11, 2009

Father's Day Card

Although my dad doesn't fish much anymore (more golfing, less fishing) it is something he enjoys and my Father-in-law is an avid fisherman. As a result, for my Father's Day cards this year, I pulled out this retired stamp set. I think it's called Angler.
I stamped the image in Stazon ink onto Watercolor paper. If you enjoy water-coloring, you should really get some of this paper. It makes all the difference in the world! I used my ink pads and an aqua painter to color the image. I mounted it on Not Quite Navy card stock and the base of the card is also NQN and Kraft and Naturals Ivory card stock. I used Sahara Sand to stamp the fly image on the card base and finished it off with a small sentiment from the new Teeny Tiny Wishes set and my new fancy Modern Label punch!

I think I still have my club projects from last month to share with you and we meet again this week, so I'll be back soon to share more. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Dale said...

WOW! I am in awe of your watercolouring...just beautiful. Well done!!!

Kristin said...

Your coloring is just fantastic on this image! WOW! I love the sentiment placement and also the very subtle stamping underneath. Great card!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!