Friday, July 17, 2009

Bermuda Bay Tour

Thanks to everyone who stopped by my blog during the blog tour. Although the tour links are gone, I'll leave my samples up for your enjoyment! I chose this stamp set it's one I like but haven't used enough. If you're like me, pull out Fun & Fast Notes and put some ink on it. You'll be glad you did.


For this first card I stamped the vase image onto watercolor paper and water colored the image. I wanted the flowers to be more vivid, so I colored those in with my Real Red marker. I layered the image onto Real Red and Bashful Blue card stock and punched the top two layers with the ticket corner punch and added some Rich Regals brads to finish it off. The sentiment is from Fundamental Phrases. The base layer is wheeled with the Fast Flowers wheel and includes a touch of Bashful Blue card stock, So Saffron DSP and Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon.
For this next card I stamped the baby buggy image three times with coordinating inks onto Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, and Bashful Blue card stock. Then I cut out those images. I layered them onto a panel that was stamped with the retired Print Pattern background. I stamped it in Versamark and applied coordinating pastels with a sponge dauber. The sentiment is layered onto punched out ovals. For the ribbon, I tied a piece of So Saffron grosgrain across the card and then tied a short piece of ribbon coordinated to each baby buggy onto the main strip. This is a fun gender-neutral baby card.
This next project is a fun little treat box. You could fill this with goodies or a gift card or anything else you can dream up. I rolled the Tempting Turquoise box with the Fast Flowers wheel and again stamped the main image on watercolor paper and watercolored it. The main image is layered onto Regal Rose card stock and both layers are punched with the ticket corner punch. When I mounted this set, I separated the sentiments from the images. Doing this allows me to easily stamp them separately, like I did on this tag.

Just to show you the versatility of this set, I also put together a scrapbook page.
This last project is a little more involved, but still makes use of this darling stamp set. For this page I wheeled the top of the page with the Fast Flowers wheel and then stamped the chick image across the bottom of the page. I paper pieced the chicks and flowers with So Saffron DSP and coordinating colors of card stock. Each flower is finished off with a cheery brad. For this page I also used the retired Big Deal Alphabet and added another flower accent to dot the "I". A cute picture of my two oldest boys with the Easter Bunny finishes this cute page off nicely.

I'm so thankful for each and every person who stops by my blog during this tour. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you were here! And add your subscription so you can come back again soon.

44 comments:

Julie Temple said...

Great examples, and the children are too cute! I am really enjoying the hop!

Julie

Kate Cecil said...

The samples are great, thanks so much for joining in on the blog tour!

kathypa said...

I love your cards, scrapbook pages and box. I love the color combos you used. Very nice.

lisa808 said...

Oh my, I love everything you showcased today! Thanks for participating in this fun tour.

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Hi Britney!! Great samples and coloring! This is a really fun tour!

StampinCathy said...

Great projects and love how you show how to use this set on card and layouts. Thanks

Jennifer Scull said...

you made such wonderful projects! :) thank you for the inspiration!

Q said...

beautiful!!! thanks for the reminder about the oldies but goodies as it is always good to use our older sets even though the new ones scream our names loudly! LOL

Carolyn said...

Love your projects, thanks so much for sharing.

jmniffer said...

Thanks for the samples. I will have to dust my set off and give it some ink. jmniffer

Jackie said...

I love your projects, they are wonderful!

sandi maciver said...

you did an absolutely beautiful job on every one of your projects and thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Michelle said...

I LOVE the baby card!

jguyeby said...

It is so nice to see a set I have had for a while but with a fresh take on them. Thanks, I'll have to get that set out again and use it.

Sandra said...

beautiful work!
Love it!
Thanks for all the inspiration!
Sandra

Char- The Mad Shopper said...

Great ideas for this set.

Mary said...

Thanks for choosing this stamp set to showcase. I have been struggling to figure out ways to use these stamps, without all of the cards, etc., looking pretty much the same. Thanks again for sharing.

Julie A. said...

Hello Britiney!

I love your work. I'm going to have to try the VersaMark pad and pastels. That card is gorgeous. The box is cute and the scrapbook pages are adorable.

Thanks for sharing your creations. I subscribed to your blog via "Feed".

nannette13 said...

I love your projects - cute box and the lo pages are great! Thank you for sharing!

Little GTO said...

What a variety of uses.
Sharon L
sharon.lemon@sbcglobal.net

Bethany Keeney said...

Very detailed samples and your blog is gorgeous!

myfairlady2511 said...

Terrific samples...the baby card is adorable! Thanks for sharing...

Melany

Jenn in GA said...

oh my! how beautiful these samples are with a classic set! i am already racking my brain to try to figure out what background set i could use, since i don't have that retired argyle. that baby card is fantabulous and will be CASE'd!

i also loved the watercoloring on the first one. the soft blue around the image makes it pop!

thanks for sharing!

Stampin_melissa said...

Wonderful projects!

Laurie in MN said...

I love the buggy card. The matching ribbons tied beneath the buggies makes the card a WOW.

Brenda said...

I enjoyed your examples. thank you so much for joining the tour. i have enjoyed the tour so much.

rush8888 said...

super versatile set! and you did wonders with it.

Susan Timmerman said...

What cute cards and wonderful scrapbook pages! I am inspired!!!!

Diana said...

fabulous projects. Thanks for inspiration.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very nice samples- love the scrapbook page too. I love your blog header- very pretty! TFS

Mary Davis said...

Love your blog and all of your projects. Thanks for joining the tour and sharing your talent with us.

Victoria S. said...

I like that stamp set too. Great projects. thanks for sharing.

quinn57 said...

Awesome samples! Thanks so much for the great ideas.

MJ said...

Very cute. I love all your samples. This is one of my favorite sets for new stampers so I use it a lot. Great ideas.

Jenn - Independent Demonstrator Stampin' Up said...

Adorable.

Sue said...

Well done on all your projects they are all fabulous! TFS

Cam said...

Great samples. I like how you use the patels on the paint print. Neat!!!!

Becca said...

All awesome samples! I thought I had a favorite but then I kept scrolling...

Sharon Steinwand said...

Your projects are really cute. Thanks for sharing! I am curious, though- expected to see lots of bermuda bay colors on this part of the tour- anyway, your color combinations are beautiful!

Sharon Steinwand

Boo said...

Love your color combinations! Thanks for your ideas!!

Sue Stevens
email: sls1219@aol.com

Nancy L. said...

really cute!

jaclynnmarie said...

These projects are AWESOME!!!
Jackie Pritchett
jaclynnmarie@yahoo.com

Lynda B said...

Love your creations. I'm a blog follower so I can come back and see more.

capecod312 said...

These are some of the cutest projects!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!