Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More May Ladies' Night Out Projects

There were a couple of projects from my May Ladies' Night Out meeting that I haven't shared with you yet, and I have a few other crafty things I did that I didn't get posted, so I thought I'd pop in and show you some crafty goodness.

I did a card similar to this last year for Father's Day, but this year I used the Parisian Breeze Designer Paper and Baja Breeze for the card base. All of my Ladies' Night Out gals got to make this card last month.
The bonus project for May was this pocket card using the Walk in the Park designer paper and the pennant die for the big shot. I'm sure you all noticed (*wink*) that I messed up the sentiment. :O) Just goes to show you, if I can demo this stuff, anyone can!
I'm REALLY going to miss these in-colors next year. I'm hoping to get my new catalog on Monday, but so far things haven't been going as planned and I'm not sure when it's going to arrive.

I also had a couple of graduation cards to make for some cousins. This is what I came up with. I needed one card for a guy and one for a girl, so I felt like this was gender-neutral enough that I could use it for both.
One last project - Stampin' Up! announced some fun new pop-up dies recently. My girlfriend, Carrie, got the pop-up cake die and she came over and we made a couple of these. SO FUN!!


You use the die to cut out the pieces for the pop-up cake and then just add some decorative strips for the outside of each layer. Although I took this picture before I closed my card, the cake folds in half when you close the card and then it pops back up when you open it. This moved right to the top of my wish-list after I used it. What a fun surprise. I just know my kids' friends would LOVE to receive a card like this. Heck! MY friends would love to receive a card like this!

Well, along with my new catalog, I'm going to receive some new preview stamp sets and accessories, so I'll try to share those in the next few days. Until then, happy stamping!

No comments:

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!