Saturday, June 6, 2009

Backyard Campout

Wow! Where to start! As usual, my life has taken priority over this blog and it's been a while since I've had a minute to post. I'm really hoping I can carve out more time to blog this summer. I'll try to catch you up on what's been going on in the Slaughter House. (Did I ever tell you that was the runner-up for my blog name? Slaughter House 5. I still think it was a good choice.)

My husband's birthday was the end of May. He wanted a new backpacking tent for his birthday since this year Jordan is probably big enough to go backpacking with the big boys and the old tent wasn't big enough to fit us all. To celebrate the new tent, all of the boys had a camp out in the back yard. Mike is seriously the best dad EVER. Here are a few highlights.

Here are a couple pictures of the crew and their camp spot. Mike even built a teeny tiny campfire on the patio. Speaking of teeny tiny, of course we discovered all too late that we were out of regular marshmallows. Never one to take no for an answer, Mike helped the boys roast MINI marshmallows. I still giggle every time I think about it.

Here they all are tucked in cozy and tight and reading their bedtime stories. I laughed again when Mike came in about 30 minutes later exasperated because they wouldn't go to sleep. My response? "They don't go to sleep in the camper, why on earth would you think they would go to sleep in a tent in the back yard?" Dawson finally got tired of all of the messing around too and came in to sleep in his own bed for the night. The other boys made it all night, until about 5 a.m. when everyone had to come in to go potty.

What a fun adventure! The boys had a great time and made lots of fun memories with their daddy. Oh, and Mike's birthday cake? One of these, of course.
I'm still trying to get over the sugar high.

3 comments:

Chad Estes said...

What in the name of all that is holy is that cake?!

Please share!

Christa said...

Get OUT! I'm seriously laughing right now! What a great daddy those boys have! That mini camp-fire and those little marshmallows??? Ohhhh man!

Just to let you know...if you make that cake ONE more time...and I don't get a taste...I might just have to go take it out on Amelia's little sugar buns. :) love you!

gina marie said...

How fun!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!