Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ladies' Night Out Projects

Hey, friends! Just a few more hours to comment on my last post for your chance to win some fun crafty blog candy!! Pop on over to my last post and leave me a comment! I wanted to show you some of the projects we did at my Ladies' Night Out this month. I focused on a few products from the Occasions Mini Catalog. I also still had my girlfriend, Carrie's 5th Avenue Floral stamp set, which I had borrowed a while back, so I shared some fun ideas using that stamp set. We also used the new Manhattan Flower Textured Impressions Die and I showed them a few fun ideas using the products from the "Under $10" section of the catalog since those are included in the Stampin' Up! promotion this month. Let's start with that, shall we?
First up is a cute quilted top note card using the Elegant Thank You. With a purchase of $40 from the new Occasions mini, you can choose something from the Under $10 section on page 208 for FREE!! You can also earn something free from page 208 by hosting a workshop this month. If you're interested be sure to email me ASAP!!!
Next I showed them all a quick and easy card using the 5th Avenue Floral Stamp set. You can create so many beautiful looks with these stamps! This one is clean and simple and uses Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Basic Grey card stock and ink along with a touch of the super yummy kiwi kiss satin ribbon.

I've been seeing some pretty amazing creations with this stamp set lately and wanted to try my hand at something a little more involved, so I showed them these cards:
For this first one I stamped the rose image onto Pink Pirouette card stock with Pretty in Pink ink and then used watercolor pencils to add some dimension. I colored three different roses and then cut out portions to layer on top for even more dimension. You can click the image to see more detail. For the background I used the little leaf image from Stem Silhouettes and the flourish from Baroque Motifs in Pink Pirouette. It turned out beautifully and one of the moms in my life will see this again in a couple weeks!
This card was actually my first try at coloring in the rose image and I was trying to use it for a color challenge I had seen online, but after I got done I realized I didn't include all of the colors so I saved it until now. For this one I used my Stampin' Pastels and a blender pen to add color to the rose. The flower image is stamped on Certainly Celery card stock with Taken with Teal ink and colored with Taken with Teal and White pastels. Although green roses are a little unusual, we do have one in our yard. It's called Saint Patrick. It's not quite as green as this one, but that's where I got my inspiration.

Next I showed them some fun ideas for using the new Manhattan Textured Impression Die.
On this first card I used the texture plate to emboss vellum. Then I cut out the flower image and mounted it to a card base and added an image from the new Oval All stamp set and matching scalloped oval punch from the Occasions Mini Catalog and a touch of the SUPER yummy white satin ribbon. I used the ribbon and the stamped image to cover up the adhesive where I attached the vellum to the card base. This card was so elegant. I've already mailed it off with a wedding gift.
Next I used the texture die to emboss a piece of designer series paper. This one happened to be a solid color on one side. Because the core of the paper is white, when you lightly sand the raised part of the image the white center is revealed. It's a beautiful look and a quick and easy way to create a lovely card.

This card I got as a swap from Carrie. She used the texture die but added a punched border along the bottom, some piercing and the same Oval All set with the scalloped oval punch. Another fun idea for using this texture plate.

I also got this last card idea from Carrie. We've been sharing LOTS of ideas lately! It has a fun surprise.
This card uses the new Great Friend stamp set and Walk in the Park Designer Paper from the Occasions Mini Catalog. By attaching the top piece with a brad it will pivot up and reveal a message underneath.

This next project was the BONUS project for my Ladies' Night Out gals this month. Everyone who placed an order over $50 got to make this project.
This little purse is made using the scalloped envelope die for the Big Shot. We cut the envelopes out of Kraft card stock and added a touch of Manchester Designer Series Paper. The stamped image is from the Say It With Scallops stamp set. A cute little felt flower and a touch of ribbon finished it off nicely. And it just so happens that a Reese's Easter Egg fits inside perfectly.

One last project. You can click on the picture to see more detail.

These are the scrapbook pages I created for my new Scrappin' Night Out class. This class will meet monthly, just like Ladies' Night Out, but we'll make two 12x12 scrapbook pages instead of cards. If you'd like to join me for Ladies' Night Out or Scrappin' Night Out in May, let me know! I'd love for you to join us. I've been itching to scrap more lately and I'm looking forward to having a night set aside every month where I can get a page or two done.

I'll be back tomorrow to announce the winner of the blog candy and tell you about our family adventure from last weekend. See you then!

1 comment:

Vera said...

Such great projects, Britiney! I love your green rose!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!