Saturday, March 28, 2009

GSG Swap & Teacher Gift

First, I wanted to share one more swap card with you. This is the card I made for the Great Swaps Girls Occasions Mini Catalog Swap. Hereafter referred to as the GSGOMCS. Whew! I chose the new Oval All set for my swaps. I think this set is super cute and the new scalloped oval punch just makes it that much more fun to use!


I broke out my new Parisian Breeze Specialty papers. Talk about YUMMY! They're textured cover weight card stock and I'm loving that they're sturdy enough to act as the base layer of a card (even though I didn't do that here.) I started with Kraft card stock as the base and stamped the Polka Dot background with white craft ink. Then I tied a piece of Kraft taffeta ribbon around the Parisian Breeze and layered it onto a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock. I stamped the Fabulous Friend image once onto white and once onto Baja Breeze and then I cut out the Baja Breeze flower and popped it up with a dimensional. I also accented the center of the flower with my white gel pen. The white oval is layered onto a piece of Baja Breeze card stock punched out with the new scallop oval punch. This is one of my favorite color combinations and I can't wait to use more of the Parisian Breeze paper. This concludes the GSGOMCS portion of this post. *wink*

Dawson's classroom has had a student teacher this year. She's been wonderful with the kids and they threw her a party on her last day. Dawson asked if I would make her a card. Here's what I came up with.

I used the retired Primary Colors Simply Scrappin' Kit and the retired stamp set It's Academic. I don't usually think to decorate the inside of the cards I make, but on this one I added some stars to the sentiment and a short piece of DSP to the bottom. Now if I'd only thought to stamp the envelope!

2 comments:

leslie said...

I am gonna have to steal that first card to use for my April classes. PERFECT showing for the new stamp set and punch!

mariemc said...

Oh, now I wish I had been in this swap!!! No time though, but your swap card and the teacher's card are super cute!!!!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!