Saturday, March 28, 2009

Crafty Goodness

Hey there! I'm back with some fun crafty goodness I've been working on and I can't wait to share everything with you! I'm not going to provide a ton of details about how everything was made, so be sure to let me know if you have any questions. The first part of February, my upline held an event called Demo Day. She asked me to demonstrate some fun projects using the new products available during Sale-a-Bration. These are some of the things I shared.
A lot of these projects showcase the Sale-a-Bration stamps, paper and ribbons. The first card was CASE'd from Jen Diercks. You can see her original card here. I loved how she made the frame with the mitered corners. I asked her how she did hers, but ended up coming up with my own technique. Maybe I'll do my very first blog tutorial on that! Anyone interested?
These next two I got from Kay Kalthoff. You can see her originals here. The first one I copied exactly. The second one I changed a bit. I used the Sale-a-Bration papers and instead of the die cut flower I used the stitched grosgrain ribbon to make a ribbon flower. The center is one of the fun new corduroy brads. I love the little leaf dies with the flowers on this one.
I also did a few more of these fun cupcake boxes with the Sale-a-Bration papers and the Yummy stamp set. It's perfect for yummy things like this! I wish I'd had it when I made the cupcake boxes for my kids' teachers at Christmas!
Here's one more card using the Sale-a-Bration goodies. I loved the felt flowers and build-a-brad on this one. This one I got from Linda Heller. You can see her original here.

A while back I saw a blog post by Becky Ohlers where she made paper beads. You can see her original post here. They were so adorable. I just had to try them. I loved the pink butterflies, but I was restricted to the SAB papers, so I made a bookmark.
I made my paper bead using the vanilla dot patterned paper. Then I threaded it onto some gold elastic cord with some pearls and beads from the pretties kit. You can either just let the gold cord hang out of your book or tie it around the book so it can't fall out. I may try my hand at a few more of these with some other brighter colors.

If you want to see a few more highlights from Demo Day and some of the other fun projects we made, you can visit my friend Carrie's blog. She even posted a picture of me demonstrating! he he he

Okay, just a few more things. For my club projects this month I showed them a few fun things with the Stampin' Around wheels. First I inked up the Nursery Letters wheel with Bashful Blue, then I went over just the "hi" part with a Real Red marker and then I rolled the wheel onto white card stock.
Then to emphasize the "hi" a little more I surrounded it with an aluminum circle tag. On the tag I punched a piece of Real Red with my 1-1/4" circle punch and then again with the 1-3/8" circle punch to make a tiny red frame. I attached that to the front of the tag. Then I punched a piece of card stock vellum with my 1-1/4" circle punch and then again with my scallop circle punch to make the flowery vellum scalloped circle. A touch of striped red & white grosgrain ribbon and some paper piercing and I thought it turned out so cute!

One other wheel technique I demo'd for my group is the mitered corner technique. For this one I used the Dotted Lines wheel and wheeled a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock and mitered the corners. I used this to complete a scrapbook page of my darling niece, Amelia.
The Pink Pirouette is mounted on whisper white and then onto a piece of textured Basic Grey card stock. I used the yummy wide Pink Pirouette ribbon and some of the Fleurettes crocheted flowers and a Basic Grey corduroy button to finish it off. By some miracle, I was also able to figure out how to change the photo to black & white and make just her bow pink. It turned out perfect! I may have to make another one for my sister!

Whew! Are you still with me? This is what happens when I don't post for a month. Just goes to show you that just because you don't hear from me doesn't mean I haven't been stamping!!

The last two projects my club made this month also used the Sale-a-Bration stamps. The first one used the Botanical Blooms set. I got this card idea from Dawn Olchefske. You can see her original here.
The last project for this post used the Polka Dot Punches stamp set and my friend, Carrie, was kind enough to run some of the Sale-a-Bration papers through her Big Shot with the Baskets & Blooms die. Aren't these little baskets darling! We extracted a rhinestone from one of the rhinestone brads to accent the little flower.
Okay. Enough? I have a few more things I want to share with you, but I'll save those for another post. I'll be back soon!






3 comments:

bristowmom said...

Every single thing here is absolutely beautiful. I love the colors you used with the hearts on the first card. I would be stuck thinking pink with those stamps - you think out of the box!

Leslie Hanna said...

I love the mitred corners and the love birds. I have been holding out on that bird die because it is a set of 4 and I only want the bird. Drat! Your card may have pushed me over the edge.

Jenn D said...

I want a tutorial because I never tried making mitered corners since I posted that card. All of your projects are fabulous and I'm glad to have inspired 1 of them.

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!