Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Whew! I have to laugh every time I sit down to write another blog post and realize how long it's been since I said, "Check back tomorrow . . ." Somehow life keeps getting in the way of my blog! I suppose that's how it should be, right? 

I have all of my January club projects to share with you, plus I've been given a couple of blog "awards" I want to share with you and pass on, AND the Great Swaps Girls revived their challenge blog and I've been itching to play along this week and haven't been able to get in to my craft lab at all! I even told them, "YES! I'm excited about the challenges! Count me in!" I'm sure they think I'm a huge flake, so I'm determined to get a card made today. As soon as I saw the inspiration piece I had a card idea in mind. So . . . check back soon for that - hahahahahah We all know what that means, right?  

First, my club projects from this month.  Since the Love You Much bundle was on sale and our next meeting isn't until RIGHT before Valentine's Day, we made 4 Valentine cards and a little candy pouch. I got most of my ideas from Jenn Diercks. I LOVED her valentine cards and my customers did too!!! 

  
  
  

The little pouch is an idea I think someone posted from SU!'s Leadership Convention which was a couple of weeks ago. I thought the punched hearts were such a fun idea. It uses the pillow box die for the Big Shot and the three heart punch from the Love You Much product bundle. I just added the m's in a cello bag and what a fun little treat! I may be cranking out a bunch of these for my kids' valentine treats at school.  The rest of the cards are pretty self-explanatory. If you have any questions, drop me a comment or an email.  All of the ideas but one (I think) came from Jenn and the other didn't have a name on it. If you're responsible for the "From the Heart" card, let me know. I'd be happy to give you the credit. 

On to the awards . . . Drumroll please . . . 

First of all - in the category of total loser, I received the "I Love Your Blog" award from Kristen Moore in, are you ready for this, SEPTEMBER! Sorry I'm such a slacker, Kristen! I really did appreciate the award and didn't forget. Somehow I just never remembered when I would sit down to write a blog post! 



Here are the rules for this award:
  1. The winner can put the logo on their blog
  2. Link to the person you received the award from (see above)
  3. Nominate 7 other blogs (see below)
  4. Put the links of those blogs on your blog (see below)
  5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominate
Okay, since I'm doing this for 3 contests today, I'm going to nominate all of the blogs I've listed below under the other two categories for this award as well, because obviously, I love them all!!  

Georgeann Manning awarded me with the Kreativ Blogger Award!  How fun!  Thanks, Georgie!!  Georgie is in the downline of my good friend, Carrie. I've had several chances at recent stamping events to get to know her better and she's the sweetest ever!  Carrie recently sent me a link to Georgie's blog and it's awesome! Be sure to go check it out.  



Here are the rules for the award:
  1. Link to the person who tagged you (check)
  2. Post the rules on your blog (check)
  3. Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
  4. Tag 6 people and link to them (see below)
  5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
  6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Okay, 6 random things about me:
  1. I'm afraid of spiders - really. I know it's irrational, but it's a serious fear. Just ask my college roommates. Maybe I need therapy.
  2. I went to the Philippines as a missionary with YWAM between my freshman and sophomore years of college. We spent 3 months on the southernmost island - Mindanao. It was a life-changing experience. I'm still friends with many of the people from my group. 
  3. My oldest son's first name is my maiden name. Dawson. 
  4. I was really really good friends with my husband for 10 years before we got married. We met at church. 
  5. My parents divorced when I was 7. I lived mostly with my mom, but spent summers with my dad when I was young. 
  6. My dad ran the ski school at the local ski resort when I was young. We skied every weekend whether we wanted to or not. I got tired of it and worked in the snack shop in the lodge serving hot chocolate starting when I was about 8. I'll never forget the 8-track tapes we used to listen to on the way up to the ski hill (while we were laying in the back of my dad's trail blazer - seat belt? what's that?) - Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson. Ahhhh the memories!
I'm going to tag the following bloggers. They're uber talented and awesome people!
  1. After I just showed you a bunch of her cards that I copied, I have to tag Jenn Diercks!
  2. Karen Giron
  3. Marie McClellan
  4. Ashley Van Camp
  5. Makeesha Byl
  6. Mercy Kerin
These gals are all amazingly talented. Be sure to check out their blogs!

For my last award, my girlfriend, Gina, nominated me for the Friends Award. Thanks, Gina! Here are the rules for this award:  



These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find, and be, friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award.  

The sites I'm going to nominate for this award are a little random, but bear with me.  

First, I'm going to nominate some friends,
Gina, Carrie, Laura, Chad, Nayibe (I know I nominated Gina back, and that Gina nominated Nayibe, but they're dear friends and so deserve this award.)
I love the blogs of these dear friends and that they allow me to stay in better touch than I would otherwise. 

Second, I'm going to nominate some gals who are my stamping friends and whose work I admire. These are friends I would not have the pleasure of knowing if not for our stamping connection. 
Cheryl, Amy, Georgeanne (again!)

Third, I'm going to nominate some of the blogs I've been reading lately that aren't written by friends I've met, but rather, by friends who make me smile and who provide information I think is awesome!! Check these out!
Understand Blue (Nominated in the category of best new catalog spoilers)

Okay, enough awards for one day. If you've stuck with me this long you deserve an award of your own!!  I'm off now to let everyone in the blogging world know I've nominated them!  I promise to share my GSG inspiration card soon. Hopefully this afternoon, but I'm not making any promises!  

9 comments:

Jenn D said...

I think your projects are fabulous! I'm glad I could offer a bit of inspiration to you. Thanks so much for the awards. I'll make sure to get them up (I'm bad about that too . . .it just takes me a bit.)

I didn't realize the GSG blog had been revived. I'll have to hop on over and check it out.

Kristin said...

Aw, Britiney, don't feel bad! I'm pretty sure I've been nominated for something in the past and I can't remember for the life of me. I'm always kind of bad about those things. I'd forgotten I'd even nominated anyone, so no worries! Besides, it would take way more than that to make me never want to comment on your blog again! Off to check out the other great links in your post!

Kristin said...

Can't wait to see that GSG card! I've hoping for someone to play along other than ME!

thediaperdiaries said...

THank you so much for the award and for being a loyal reader. Glad you found me :)

Amy said...

Love your projects, Britiney! I make no promises of when I will get to the awards, LOL, but thanks!

bristowmom said...

I love your take on the challenge card! It is so elegant. I also love all of your Valentine projects and will definitely be casing them! Thank you for nominating my blog - that's a first for me!

Lydia said...

You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet!!! Thank you so much girl!! Your blog is great and your comments ALWAYS bring a smile to my face!!

I'm humbled!!

Chad Estes said...

Thanks for the nomination! (what am I supposed to do?)

I do value your friendship immensely! I was very excited to read the update of Mike's donation. Jamie and I had just been talking about that this weekend.

Makeesha Byl said...

Britiney, you are the sweetest! Thank you so much for this amazing award! I look forward to putting it up! I am so Glad to have received your email, with a link back because you site is amazing! Love the scripture verse, love the photos of baking (a woman after my own heart!) and your stamping is wonderful as well! I will be back often! thanks again! Love Keesh x

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!