Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wedding Cards

Every time I take my car in to the Honda dealership to have it serviced, the gal who helps me with my car places a stamping order. Can't beat that! She tells me every time I'm there that she's glad my car doesn't need service more often or she'd be in deep trouble! Ha!  She called me just after Christmas and asked me to design some wedding invitations for her son. She asked me specifically to design the cards around the Life Cycles stamp set since her son and his fiance are both triathletes. Specifically, she wanted to use the tandem bicycle stamp. Here are the cards I came up with.  
The colors they've chosen are black and white with red accents. Somehow I just couldn't make these cards without embossing, so they all have either white or black embossing on them. She was super happy and I can't wait to see which one they choose (although I think the last one with the Baroque Background was in the lead.) The top two are gate fold cards and the one with the white dots has a belly band and uses shimmery white card stock.

My club met this week and we made a bunch of Valentine cards and one other project. It's been super foggy and gray here for so long I haven't been able to get any good pictures. I'll try to get them photographed tonight and maybe I can post tomorrow so you can see those.  

I made another one of these today. Our home group is having a dinner get-together tonight and they "strongly requested" that I bring what has affectionately become known as THE CAKE. Really I was in fear of my life if I couldn't get it done. It's bound to detour my diet, but I think it's worth it. Speaking of which, just an update for those keeping score (and because I'm still so giddy that I have to share) - I lost 4.2 lbs. this week at WW which means I met my first 10% goal. That's right, I've lost 10% of my body weight since August. Woo Hoo!!  That's definitely NOT a typical week, which is usually 1-2 lbs. I was so thrilled! The good thing about losing weight - I need smaller jeans. The bad thing about losing weight - I need smaller bras. What's up with that anyway? 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look awesome....great job on your weight loss. I wish I could get motivated.

Thanks for the nice projects last Wednesday at stamp club. Love the Valentine cards.
Patsy

Lisa H. said...

the boobs are always the first to go! LOL! congrats on meeting your goals, keep up the great work. love the cards, they are all fabulous and what a wonderful idea for a personalized wedding invite.

Amy said...

Those cards are amazing, Britiney! And way to go on the weight loss!

gina marie said...

Those cards a beautiful! And congratulations on losing 10%...that is awesome...you are on a roll now baby. It's better to be on a roll than a roll around the middle if you know what I'm saying...and just say "no" to rolls...unless you are on one. Oh, somebody stop me! When I get down to my goal weight I am going to buy a pair of designer jeans...we should go jean shopping together! (my boobs can't get any smaller)

La Mama said...

I miss you!! It was so good to catch up on your blogs...I am not sure why I hadn't written it down :( Anyways, I am so so so proud of you for how well you are doing in WW. I know it's something you've been wanting to do for a while. I love love love looking at all your cards, you are so creative, why don't mine ever look that good?;)

gina marie said...

you have been awarded the FRIENDS award on my blog!!!

Lindsey said...

Found your blog from over at "The Diaper Diaries." I belong to a stamp club in my town and I am a Stampin'Up junkie! Your cards look great! I'll definitely be back!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!