Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Great Swaps Girls Challenge

HA! You thought I wouldn't be back, didn't you? I'm just full of surprises.

I was beyond surprised and excited when I was invited to be a part of the Great Swaps Girls. They're all so super talented and I'm always thrilled with the swaps I get from the group. When I joined they had a blog with regular challenges, but like me, their lives are busy and it fell by the wayside until this past week. Kristen posted a challenge and I was determined to play along. Here's the inspiration piece:

I love this beautiful embroidered coat and immediately thought of the Bella's Blooms stamp set when I saw it. Here's my take:
I inked the flower in So Saffron and then colored in the Ruby Red parts and Always Artichoke stems with my markers. Then I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to place the sentiment. I saw this layout this morning on Mercedes Weber's blog this morning and told her to expect a CASE of it. I think the Riding Hood red ribbon is one of our most versatile ribbons. I combined it here with Ruby Red card stock and even with my Ottlite I couldn't tell a substantial difference.  The floral paper along the bottom is from the retired Haiku paper pack. I'll miss that one. 

Okay, on to another subject. I have to share my awesome find with you. I was thinking I wanted a new purse and stopped in to Ross for a quick second last night while Dawson was at piano. I saw this bag and thought it was super cute. The outside is super fun raspberry color and the inside is leopard print. 
  
But wait! Here's the best part - 
That's right! $2.49!  Can you believe it!?! I couldn't and snatched it up. I expected them to tell me it was priced wrong when I got to the register, but they didn't and now I'm sporting a fun new hand bag. 

Two posts in one day is a recent record for me, so don't expect to see me again for a day or two. I will say that posting is a LOT easier these days since my adorable husband who spoils me rotten bought me one of these for my birthday. 

Let me tell you. It's certainly taken the sting out of turning 40! *grin*

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Yeah Britiney!! I love it- a beautiful rendition and inspired interpretation! Your purse is an awesome find too! Woo hoo!! Thanks for playing along!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous take on the challenge! Lucky you getting so spoiled first by yourself with your bargain bag and then by your hubby! You deserve it!!

La Mama said...

Way to go, friend, I love a good deal. What a great find...super cute. Mike is so thoughtul! Happy Belated Birthday <><

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!