Monday, December 15, 2008

Santa came a little early

Not sure if I can make this work, but I'm going to give it a try. Santa came a little early at my house this year when Mike surprised me with a shiny new iPod touch on Saturday. It was at the top of my list this year and he wanted me to be able to use it on our trip. So far it has been a great tool to have. We have kept up on email and checked the weather and flight schedules. And now I'm posting to my blog in the waiting room of the hospital! The temp. here in Denver was -19 this am. We took a nearly life ending cab ride to the hospital this morning and then walked the coldest four blocks of my life to procure my breakfast and a steamy hot mocha before we checked in. Everything went well until they were ready to take him into surgery, when someone (who is probably now unemployed) realized that they didn't have the "kit" necessary for the donation. At that point they told us they may have to cancel the procedure! We had already done 2 hours of prep work and a delay would mean another day here. Thankfully they found another kit at a hospital across town. They were able to start the procedure on time and someone is driving across town to get the kit while they harvest the marrow and then they'll use the kit to prepare the marrow for the recipient when the harvest is complete. Praise God! Mike will be in surgery for about 2 hours and I guess he should be discharged sometime after about 6 pm. So much for a night on the town! Ha! We'll lay low in our room tonight and then we're scheduled for a 2:00 flight tomorrow. We had nearly 6 in. of snow on Saturday in Boise and there are storms forecasted here tomorrow, so hopefully there aren't any delays getting home. We've made sure that everyone knows that we expect to be sceduled at the marrow donor center on Kauai next time! Well I guess that's about it for now. I'm not sure if I'll post again before we get home, but Mike is off work for 3 weeks, do hopefully I can be a little better blogger while he's home. Thanks to all of you who are praying. I'll be sure to post an update when we get home.

3 comments:

Chad Estes said...

We are proud of Mike and we are praying for you all. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Christa said...

Praying for you guys! Hope EVERYTHING went really well. Love you so much and will call soon!!

Amy said...

Britiney, I think you are amazing! Just wanted you to know that I've been following your stories and keeping you in my prayers.

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!