Sunday, November 9, 2008

October Club Projects

I've been working like crazy for the past week to get my "Me" album done.  I can't wait to show you how it turned out!  In the mean time, I had a super fun workshop Friday night with my girlfriend Paty and 11 of her Spanish-speaking friends!  It was a blast and they were all so excited to see the fun new Spanish catalog.  They were also very patient with my non-Spanish-speaking self.  One of Paty's friends booked a workshop, and I'm so excited to stamp with these gals again!  

My November club meets on Wednesday, so I thought I'd better get my b-hind in gear and post my club projects from October!  This month was embossing mania!  I tried to show them every embossing technique I could squeeze into the allotted time.  We had done a few of these techniques before, but many of them were new.  Here are the projects:
  
This one used the Cracked Glass Technique.  I inked the tree stamp using the baby wipe technique.  Yes!  A bonus technique!  
  
These were faux metal
These used heat & stick powder and the cosmo fine glitters.  Fun!

This one was emerging colors/Joseph's Coat.  I love how this one turned out.  
  
And Dazzling Diamond Dust technique.  We had a blast embossing everything!!
Last, but not least, this was one of the make & takes.  It occurred to me just tonight that I should have had them all emboss the stamped image.  *doh*  

I'll be back to share my "Me" album when I get it done.  I also still have my stamp-a-stack projects to show you, so be sure to check back - or subscribe!!  

One last reminder that Jessica Sprague has extended the deadline to register for her "Stories in Hand" class for one more day!  You can sign up before midnight tomorrow.  Class starts tomorrow!! I'm excited to see what it's all about.  

Thanks to all of you who have left comments or emailed me about Mike's bone marrow donation.  He's given them a verbal commitment and will fax all of his paperwork tomorrow. Then there's no turning back.  We've already learned a lot about the process. It's a little nerve wracking, but knowing that it's life and death to someone helps us stay focused.  

Oh, and I also received a couple of pointers on my trash-bag dilemma. We broke down and bought a pallet of trash bags at Costco for $9.  They'll last us about 10 years, so we felt like it was a prudent investment. They're not super eco-friendly, but we'll be using fewer of them than we did grocery bags because they're bigger and hold more.  The fact that there aren't holes in the bottom and that they actually fit our trash can is icing on the cake.  I hope to be back this week to share a few more crafty projects. Catch 'ya later.   

1 comment:

Andrea said...

These are beautiful! Maybe I should get you to make my Christmas cards for me! :)

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!