Monday, October 13, 2008

The best intentions

Well, my good intentions of having another swap to post today went out the window this morning. We have an iMac. I LOVE it. It was my semi-birthday present last year. (That's another long story - remind me later to tell you that one.) I've been completely converted over to the Apple way of life and will never go back to the dark side. But last week I put a disk in the iMac and it spit it back out. I tried again, and it did the same thing. I called the local Apple service shop and they said they would replace the drive but that I needed to bring it in so they could, "get the numbers off the machine." I asked if I could take it home while they waited for the part to come in and they said I could. But when I took it in today, they kept it. I've had to resort to writing this post on our old PC which I'm pretty sure dates back to the time before Noah and the flood. It takes about an hour for it to boot up and isn't much faster once it does. Oh, and all of the pictures I took of all my swaps and club projects are on the mac. grrrrrrr. So, the part is supposed to be here tomorrow, but the guy wouldn't guarantee that I'd have it back in less than 3 days. I'm basically crippled. I'm having withdrawals from google and appreciate my pretty, speedy, efficient, pretty (did I mention that?) iMac all the more.


I do, however, have a couple of things I can ramble on about. First of all, the run my hubby did yesterday was called the Gresham Jazz Run (not fun run.) Not really sure why I thought running 13.1 miles would include fun. My mistake. He placed second overall and brought home the championship tropy for the Masters category (over 40). His time was just a bit slower than the one from last week, but still fast enough to bring home the goods. He got a trophy and a medal. The kids bascially think he's a god at this point. They'll probably take all of his medals for show and tell.


I have a couple other things I've had my eye on for a while and want to incorporate into my way-too-busy life soon. One is Ali Edwards' "Week in the Life" project. I wanted to do it when she did and I didn't get it done. I swear every day that I'm going to do it and every day I forget until about noon. I think I need to put my camera and notebook on my nightstand so I see them first thing in the morning. It's my only hope. If/when I do get going on this I'll be sure to post some pictures and info here about what I've done. I think it's a super fun idea to capture the day-to-day stuff from a week in your life. It would be so fun to see something like this from a week in the life of my grandparents. Hopefully someday my grandkids will be able to look at it and see what life was like in 2008. You can see lots more info from Ali on her blog here.


I also wanted to share something cool that Jessica Sprague has been up to. She is starting a week-long class called "Stories in Hand". Her description reads,"Our lives are more than the sum of the events in them. What you do matters. So does what you say. In this week-long online class you'll develop a system for capturing the stories that matter most." Oh, and did I mention, it's FREE!!! I've taken a couple of Jessica's digital scrapbooking classes online and she is simply amazing. I'm super excited about this and about figuring out how to incorporate it into my "Week in the Life" project. I'll keep you posted on my progress on that too. In the mean time, join me in the class! There is no limit to the class size and it's FREE so you have nothing to lose. Registration begins at midnight eastern time on Monday, October 20th. You can find all of the pertinent information here. Can't wait to see y'all there! Oh, and Jessica did promise that the class would include some cute projects. Knowing Jessica, (well, in a blog-stalking sort of way) I expected nothing less!


Well, I'm not making any promises about posting tomorrow unless I get my iMac back. Honestly, I don't have time to sit around and wait for this dinosaur of a PC to boot up. *wink* I do expect I will get a LOT done around the house tomorrow and I will promise to post as soon as my piece of Apple goodness is back home where it belongs. And you can bet that I've used this opportunity to lobby heavily for a new MacBook too. Although my hubby is growing weary of the , "You know, if I had a MacBook . . . " story, as I'm sure you can imagine. It's almost always followed up with, "Well, then, if I had an iPod touch . . . " Thanks for being patient! I'll be back to share my swaps and club projects soon.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You poor thing- you finally get back, then bam, computer problems! Thanks for the post filled with lots of info, even if no eye-candy! ;)

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!