Thursday, September 11, 2008

Halloween Club Projects

Ok, while I'm sitting here drumming my nails waiting for a call from the hospital (see this post), I'll post the projects we did at my monthly club last night!  

After the Stampin' UP! convention, one of the things demonstrators could pre-order was this Decor Elements Spooky Spider rub-on.  It's so adorable and I've been searching for nearly two weeks for the right size jar for him.  Hopefully we have lots of trick-or-treat-ers this year because this is a seriously enormous jar of candy!  
We made two cards last night.  The first was this darling mummy card.  It was SO easy.  I saw the original idea on Dannie Graves' blog here.  
We also made this adorable Frankie card.  I've seen lots of cards like this, but I love how Dawn Griffith used the Top Note die on the Big Shot for Frankie's head.  You can see her card here.  
The Top Note die is designed to fit perfectly as a cello bag topper on either the small or medium cello bags (depending on how you fold it) so we made some of those too.  We used some of the retired Halloween paper from last year's catalog (because that's what I had on hand) and some of the new Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon.  Yummy!  

The last project we did was one of these cute little pillow boxes which are also made with a Big Shot die.  They're super quick and easy to put together and there are about a billion ways to embellish them.  My gals had the choice of the designer paper + ribbon, or the stamped medallion + ribbon.  Everyone's turned out a little different, but all of them were darling.  

Ok, now I'm done with my post and still no news on my sister & baby.  Did I mention that she's having a girl?  Oh. My. Word.  Am I ever going to go crazy over this baby.  Last I heard I think the top name choice was Amelila and they were going to call her "Millie".  Not sure how the voting turned out now that she's almost here.  I think I've already purchased one of every pink thing ever made.  I have 3 boys. My brother has 1 boy.  Finally a girl!  Although Christa is my half-sister, even *MY* mom (not Christa's mom) is super excited about this little girl.  I think even she will spoil her.  I guess I'm going to have to go try to stamp something while I wait to try to take my mind off of the whole thing, and keep from worrying!  I'm just remembering that K-dub has a color challenge that ends tonight at 7.  Maybe I can squeeze in a card under the deadline.  I'll be back to share whatever I come up with, and hopefully some baby pictures, later.     


6 comments:

Becky Carafa said...

These projects are just too darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another great club! It was a fun night and you're the best! Patsy

Lisa H. said...

wow! these are awesome cards. Think I might have to give that frankenstein card a try-it is soooo perfect for boys. tfs! and congrats on becoming an Aunt!

Kristin said...

Britiney, you need to link these to Shelli's new contest for Halloween stuff! You are amazing- now I'm not even going to enter because these ideas cannot be beat! Awesome!

Ann said...

Love those cards, and that treat bag--yum! :D

mary jo albright said...

OMW....I just love the frankenstein lol. Way too cute. Gonna definitely make one of those for my 4 year old son:)
Have a wonderful night.

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!