Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Fun & SU! Announcements

Hey, Friends!!  As I'm sure you well know, summer is crazier than ever.  Between basketball camp, engineering camp, swim lessons, and general summer fun, my kids have kept me hopping.  We were finally able to pull off Mason's birthday party last week.  The weather was PERFECT.  Here's a shot of the happy birthday boy and some of his friends.  
And now for some exciting stamping news!!  

First.  The retired stamps list was released last week.  (I love that cute image of the retired stamp on a sunny beach!) You can see the list HERE.  These stamp sets will be available until August 10th, so be sure to get your order in before they're gone forever!! The retiring accessories list will be released on July 21st.  

Second.  Stampin' Up! introduced a new product line this week.  It's called Decor Elements. The Decor Elements product line is an extension of the Definitely Decorative  line.  This product line is made up of vinyl artwork for walls, mirrors, windows, or other hard, smooth surfaces.   It takes the idea of using stamps to create decorative elements in your home and bumps it up a notch using a different medium to accomplish the same mission - making your home a beautiful representation of your style!!  The products coordinate with many of Stampin' Up!'s existing products so you can combine them to make beautiful, handcrafted home decor pieces.  They're easy to apply and remove, and the new Decor Elements brochure touts 100 new vinyl images for use in every area of your home.  To whet your appetites, here are a few sneak peaks from the brochure.  
Customers can order from this brochure on July 1st.  I can't wait to get some of these up in my own home.  They're such fun ideas and I absolutely LOVE that they coordinate with some of SU!'s most popular stamp sets.  

I'll be back tomorrow (hopefully) to share the latest projects from my Stamper's Club.  If you haven't joined the club, seriously, what are you waiting for!!??!!  We have so much fun and make great projects every month.  The minimum purchase is less than $25 per month.  It's a bargain for a fun night out with great friends and completed projects to take home every month! Call me today to find out more!  

I also have my first Great Swaps Girls swap due next week, so I must carve out some time to get that done.  I have it all planned out.  Just need to execute the plan.  Then I'm determined to carve out some time to stamp just for fun.  Oh, and my girlfriends and I started our new Summer Bible Study this week.  You can read more about that on this post. I'm looking forward to getting to know these gals better and I'm glad to have the accountability to stay in the Word when life gets so hectic.  Speaking of hectic, did I mention that I'm helping out with the 3rd grade Sunday School class this summer?  Yeah, I was bored. On a positive note, I have been sleeping really well!! *wink*

One last thing, if you're reading this on Google Reader, or even if you just don't browse the whole blog, you might not have noticed that I've been trying to include my weekly menu over there on the left. I'm doing this for two reasons.  First, it forces me to plan my meals a week in advance, which means we eat out less and I save money at the grocery store.  One of my best girlfriends moved to Virginia last summer.  She was the one I always called at the last minute to say, "What are you making for dinner?"  Somehow the time difference makes it harder to do that.  When I'm making dinner, she's putting her kids to bed. Second, I love finding dinner ideas when I'm drawing a blank and I hope that it might help out some of you if you're looking for a yummy dinner idea.  Although I haven't been able to manage it yet, I'm hoping to soon link each meal plan to the corresponding recipes if I can find the time to look them all up online.  In the mean time, if you have any yummy dinner ideas, feel free to shoot me a comment.  It's always fun to try something new!!  

No comments:

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!