Monday, June 23, 2008

June Club Projects

I'm lazy.  Yes.  Lazy.  And I'm admitting it here on the world wide web for the entire universe to see.  Feel free to mock me openly.  Why do I share this with you? Because I want you to know it's okay for you to be lazy too.  For example, while I am surfing through the nearly 10 billion stamping blogs I adore, if I find something I like - something I want to share with my club - I make an electronic post-it on my mac.  Each month I have a post-it titled June Club Ideas, with the correct month, of course.  For each new amazing project and earth-shattering stamping technique I run across I copy the url onto my note.  That way when I'm preparing for my club, the night before, (I told you, I'm lazy) I just go right back to my sticky note and pull up all of the great ideas I found and recreate them!!  Lazy, I tell 'ya. I just figure, why should I reinvent the wheel when there are so many great ideas out there?!  Here are a couple I ran across last month.  
I found this one on my friend Carrie's blog.  You can see hers here. I absolutely loved the project when I saw it and couldn't wait to show my club members.  Here's another version I made.  So cute!!
  
I used Crystal Effects to make the cherries shiny.    

I found this project on Splitcoast Stampers when I was searching for a fun project using the new Fresh Cuts stamp set and matching note cards.  
Lo and behold, it was from another one of my favorite bloggers - Marie over at from combat boots to rubber stamps.  I love that you can search on Splitcoast by stamp set and find fun project ideas so quickly and easily.  One thing I should mention about finding inspiration from other bloggers.  I ask their permission to copy their projects exactly, and I *ALWAYS* give them credit.  It's only fair.  It's no big deal to shamelessly copy someone else's ideas, as long as you give credit where credit is due!  Thanks to Carrie and Marie for letting me share their great ideas!!

Another great source of inspiration on Splitcoast is the Resource section. If you click the links to Splitcoast, at the top of the page on the right it says "Resources".  If you click that, you can see hundreds of great tutorials on all kinds of projects.  There are even more categories - Techniques, Projects, Tools, etc. If I ever want to do a project I've never done, I almost always head over there to see if someone has done a tutorial.  I followed this one for my last club project.  Here it is . . . a triangle tri-fold card.  
  
My club members got to watercolor one of the beautiful images from the Bloomin' Beautiful set from the Occasions Mini.  We also used the Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper, and incorporated it into a card with a fun fold.  How fun is that?!  

I have a couple more fun things to share with you, so stay tuned.  I'll be back with a few more projects from my June club.  

1 comment:

Marie said...

Oh, the tri-fold card is beautiful! I've yet to make one and this really makes me want to try one out. I sure hope that stamp set comes out in the catty or I'm going to be bummed. I didn't get it and have hoped that it will... :)

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!