Sunday, June 29, 2008

June Club - Part Two

As you can probably tell from my previous post, I focused this month on the new Fresh Cuts stamp set and matching note cards.  I wanted to give the ladies some inspiration beyond the one card they got to make and take home, so I showed them a few other cards as well.  The first one I copied from Silke over at My Life.  You can see her gorgeous card here.  I absolutely LOVED her card and I immediately thought of the image from the Fresh Cuts stamp set.  Here's my copy.  

I stamped the leafy image from Fresh Cuts in Chocolate Chip craft ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  It took me all of about 2 minutes to make this card start to finish and it's so elegant.  I might even have to try my hand at something like this for Christmas cards.  So pretty and so quick and easy!

In addition to our focus on the Fresh Cuts stuff, I usually try to share a new technique with my club each month.  This month I really wanted to try the wax paper resist technique.  My initial plan was to create something animal-print-like.  That's what I think of when I see the wax paper resist technique.  With the "animal print" I had to use my Wild About You stamp set, of course.  Here's my creation.  

Then I combined the wax paper resist technique *and* the Fresh Cuts stamp set.  Here are a couple of ideas along those lines.  
  

The first one is Bayou Blue and Soft Sky.  The second one is Brocade Blue and Real Red.  On both cards I used the wax paper resist piece as a mat for the focal point.  The second one turned out a little more patriotic looking than I originally intended, but I was still happy with it.  

Okay.  Now you've really seen everything from this month's club.  I promise you're missing out if you're not there!!  It's one of my favorite days of every month.  Call or email me today to join!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting the June club projects. I'm so bummed that I missed club again this month but at least I get to see the beautiful stuff you showed and made. Love everything.
Patsy

Karen said...

Hi Britiney - I just wanted to let you know that I picked you for the Arte y Pico award. Swing by my blog for more info. Love your blog!!
www.kgiron.blogspot.com

Karen

The Crooked Stamper said...

Love that first card with the Fresh Cuts set! How pretty!

I also try to include a technique project, and a few moths ago I used the Wax Paper Resist and it was a hit. I gave them the option of just crumpling it up or also folding it for a tie-die look. Actually, I think the iron was almost a bigger hit. I got a lot of: "Hey, I think I have one of these!" Too funny!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautiful creations!

Sharon Graham said...

Beautiful creations. I'm sure your club members loved them.

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!