Saturday, June 21, 2008

Determination Pays Off - this time . . .

I have missed several of the last color challenges posted by Kristina Werner, and I was determined that I would NOT miss this one!  I eeked out a few minutes to stamp this afternoon, and this is what I came up with.  Wait!  I always forget to show you the inspiration piece first.  Here it is.

And, now, here's my take.
I used my circle punches to create a faux embossed look on the white panel. I mounted that on a piece of So Saffron Prints Pattern Designer Series Paper (whew! Say that 5 times fast).  I tried to dye a piece of white taffeta ribbon with my Wild Wasabi ink pad, but it wasn't drying fast enough, and then when I went to tie it, it was too short. Ack!  I embossed the sentiment on white vellum with white embossing powder.  It's subtle, but I really like how it turned out.  

Ok, kids are starving.  I'm off to whip up an epicurean delight. What? You doubt me? I haven't forgotten about my club projects and will get those up soon. Promise.

8 comments:

Jeannie said...

What a great idea for "embossing." I will have to try that :)

SmilynStef said...

Love the great look of white-on-white and the soft embossed sentiment on vellum

chloe said...

this is very elegant. love it!

Becky Carafa said...

Love the white on white circles! Very cool!

Tanja said...

LOVE it!!!!

Katie Skiff said...

WOW!! That is awesome. It looks so soft!! Great job!

Marie said...

Love your card!!! Yours is one of the ones that Kristina said was like hers. Great minds think alike, huh?

gina marie said...

You are so creative! I love it...it is so simple, yet very elegant!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!