Monday, May 12, 2008

More Cards

Hello, again, blogging friends!  One of the challenges I wanted to squeeze in last week, and one of the ones I actually got to, was the Great Swaps Girls featured stamper challenge.  The featured swapper from last week was Geekgirl, aka. Denise Hinton.  I stumbled across her blog a few months ago and was immediately hooked.  She's so funny and talented.  She graciously granted me permission to use her term "craft lab" on my blog.  I think I snuck in under the wire before she copyrighted it.  Thanks, Denise!  I smile and think of you every time I use that.  he he he  

I had a hard time choosing just one of Denise's creations to use as my inspiration, but I finally landed on this one.
Denise used the Fall Flowers DSP to cover one of the On Board Bitty Books.  Isn't it adorable!  I basically copied her creation exactly except that I made it into a card. Here's what I did:

I think this paper is some of my all-time favorite from SU!  I have a ton of it left and need to get busy using it up since it has some of the current in-colors in it and will most likely be retired in August.  I used Kraft CS for the base of my card and then layered the Fall Flowers paper and Soft Sky CS to create the card.  I inked the chipboard flower with Really Rust Craft Ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  That's one of my favorite techniques to use with chipboard.  I love how it turns out.  I liked this card so much I decided to make another one using the same sketch from Julee Tilman from my last post - the one I used for my brother's bday card.  Here's that card:

I wanted something wider than the ribbon for that element on the card, but everything I tried just looked wrong.  Once I got it done I was happier with the ribbon than I thought I would be.  In the last couple of months I've gone to my card stash a few times for a birthday card and not been able to find the "right" one, so I've been trying to use birthday sentiments on all of my recent cards to build up that section of my stash.  The Celebrate You sentiment is from the stamp set called "A Little Birthday Cheer".  It's fun and very versatile.  

Ok, now I REALLY have to go and start prepping for my club on Wednesday.  I won't be back with any other creative endeavors before that.  Thanks for stopping by! Tah~

Deets:  Stamps:  A Little Birthday Cheer; Paper: Fall Flowers DSP, Kraft, Really Rust, Soft Sky; Ink: Really Rust Craft, Really Rust Classic; Accessories: On Board Chipboard Blossoms & Basics and On Board Accents, Soft Sky stitched grosgrain ribbon, clear embossing powder, circle punches and scalloped circle punch.

3 comments:

beate said...

Both card look wonderful!
Hugs and smiles

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

WOW!!!! You are sooooo talented! Great blog!!!

Sharon Graham said...

Awesome projects. These showcase chipboard and designer paper wonderfully.

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!