Saturday, May 10, 2008

Inspiration Challenge

Well, I'm on my way to bed but thought I'd pop in for a sec to quickly post my Inspiration Challenge card.  Here's another peek at my inspiration piece.  It's a bedroom from Pottery Barn.
I started out with Kraft card stock for the base and I wanted to use my Print Pattern background to try to mimic the diamond shapes on the sheets and duvet.  I was wishing I still had my little diamond stamp from the Looks Like Spring set that I sold recently.  I wanted some different scale, but alas, a stamper never has what she needs, does she.  I went ahead with the Print Pattern and I stamped it first with just Only Orange around the edge of each diamond (inked with a marker) and then I inked the whole image in Only Orange and drew around each diamond with Real Red.  Both turned out pretty and I used a tiny bit of each.  I couldn't quite decide what to do next, but I new I wanted to use one of my all-time favorite stamp sets - Polka Dot Posies.  I {heart} that set.  Flowers and polka dots!  *swoon*  I was so sad when it didn't make the cut into the big catalog.  I stamped the flowers on Kraft CS with Real Red Craft ink and Black Craft and then I stamped the centers in Only Orange on White CS.  Something was missing, but I wasn't sure what.  I went ahead and took a picture, but decided I might still make some changes.  Here's the original card:
    
When I went back down to my craft lab, I was working on another card and embossed something on it.  I decided then to try that on this card, so I stamped the flowers on White CS with craft ink and embossed them.  I did like it a lot more that way.  Here's how it turned out after some minor revisions:
  
Here's a close-up of the embossing.  

A quick side note - I loved how this picture turned out!! It was actually the last picture I took with my now missing camera.  I promise not to talk about this forever, but I'm still in mourning.  Thanks for bearing with me.  

Back to the card.  I liked how the changes brightened things up.  I kept thinking it needed some ribbon, but I couldn't figure out where to put it.  Anyway, I'm happier with it now.  I may keep futzing with it, but I'm happy enough to send it to someone even if I don't make any more changes.  

I'd love for you to play along with my challenge.  I know Kristin said she might.  Please come back and leave me a comment if you do, and include a link to your creation.  I'd love to see what you come up with!!  Ok, I've got to get to bed.  

No comments:

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!