Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hey there!

Just a quick note to say that I'm still finishing up my own personal inspiration challenge.  I got *distracted* by my messy desk and cleaned it off today instead of finishing my card.  Well, that and 400 loads of laundry.  I'm also eager to play along with K-dub and her awesome color challenge.  But first, before I can play, I have to spend tomorrow at my kids' school - a.m. Kindergarten and afternoon field trip with the 1st and 2nd graders.  Fun times.  

Tonight, instead of stamping, I attended the Susan G. Komen Survivor Dinner with my mom - an 8-year breast cancer survivor!  It was fun.  I donated two big baskets of stamping stuff for their silent auction.  I was a little sad that they didn't sell for more, but every penny towards a cure counts and I was glad I could contribute what I did toward such a worthy cause.  I overheard someone who was looking at one of my baskets say, "Look, honey, wouldn't this be fun for the girls?"  I wanted to push her aside and say, "These are not TOYS, silly.  These are valuable tools and are NOT for kids."  I bit my tongue and had a glass of wine.

Oh, and I have my very second mammogram scheduled for the end of the month.  I'm only 39 (and holding) but with my family history, I had one as soon as I had stopped nursing long enough to keep from letting down at the thought of it.  Anyone want to go with me?  Come on.  You know you want to.  Call today and schedule your appointment.  We'll all go together.  It will be fun!!  All kidding aside, get 'em checked, girls.  Early detection is key.  I'll be back on Friday with my inspiration challenge card and K-dub's challenge card.  Until then, tah~

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Thanks for the push to having that done- we all need to hear it! I know how you feel when your baskets full of our "Priceless" posessions don't go for as much as we'd be willing to pay- I've had that happen before too.

I'm chuckling over your comments you wanted to make to the lady who thought her kids would enjoy the stuff! I agree, not for kids. :) I let my 6 yo DD use my stuff, but she has been well trained since she was 2 so she knows more than most of my customers and has never ruined an inkpad... most of my rubber is well-loved (by that I mean stained) but she knows what a crop-a-dile is and where to find my sticky strip if I send her after it!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!