Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there who is lucky enough to have at least one little (or big) person who calls you "Mother".  Thanks, especially to the two mothers who influenced my life the most - my mom and my mother-in-law.  Thanks for all of the thankless things you did to bless us from the moment we were born and even now.  We love you more than you can imagine. 
In honor of Mother's day, I'm posting a card I made for my beautiful little sister who is about to become a Mother.  She's so precious to me and she and her wonderful hubby just found out they're having a baby girl in September.  As a mother of three boys, I can't wait to have a little girl to spoil! YAY!  I made this card for her:
I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of the new Swiss Dots embossing folders and I knew it would be perfect for this card.  I used the rattle from the Holiday Blitz stamp set and stamped it in Pretty In Pink.  Then I used the colors from last week's color challenge on SCS - Celery and Lilac to mat the rattles.  I'm still hoarding my Flirty Ribbon Originals and I absolutely love this pink ribbon with the little picots.  On the inside I stamped the sentiment from Absolutely Fabulous - "Congrats on your big news!" - since they just found out the baby's gender this week.  I'm so excited for them and I just know Christa will be the most beautiful new mother ever.  Happy almost Mother's Day, sweetie!  

1 comment:

Lisa H. said...

this is so sweet. great colors and the swiss dots really help give the card the "baby" feel! you're sister will love it.

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!