Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Great Swaps Girls Inspiration Challenge

I had a few minutes yesterday do play along with the Great Swaps Girls Inspiration Challenge.  Those are some seriously talented girls, I tell 'ya!  Here's what the inspiration piece looked like:
Cute, huh?  Well, I loved the green stripes and dots with a tiny splash of pink, so here's my taken on it:
I actually tried really hard to get the ballet blue color in there, but I just wasn't feelin' the love, if you know what I mean.  I was happy with how it turned out, although it was much simpler than the ideas I had in my head.  I'm also working on an inspiration challenge of my own.  I saw this picture in the latest Pottery Barn catalog:
There was something about the orange and white diamond pattern and the red diamond pattern with the orange in the middle.  I just couldn't get them out of my mind and kept thinking about how I could re-create those with stamps.  I don't have my card done yet, so check back.  I'm hoping to finish it tonight and post here tonight or tomorrow.  

Mike and I had a nice anniversary dinner on Saturday.  We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  It wasn't my first choice, but someone gave us a gift card for CF for Christmas and we still hadn't used it!! *gasp*  We just don't get out much. *sigh*  Then we went to a movie.  We saw Expelled.  It was good.  You should go see it.  Really.  Oh, and, I almost forgot . . . my honey got me this.  And I immediately made this.  Although I can see now that I was foolish and I should have made THIS!  What was I thinking??  Well, that gives me something to do tomorrow, right? *wink*  

Ok, my tiny man is begging for a bath.  Gotta run.  Tah~

ETA:  Sorry.  I forgot the recipe for this one.  Stamps:  Three Thoughts Simply Sent kit; Paper, Wild Wasabi DSP, Wasabi and Whisper White CS; Ink: Stazon Jet Black; Accessories: Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals, Flower Fusion Felt Flower, White Brad. 

4 comments:

Speedystamper said...

I love how your card turned out! The grean, the dots, the pop of purely pomegranate - great job!

Kristin said...

You ROCKED this GSG challenge- yours has the "feel" that I was hoping mine would have... no such luck. I will be CASING this! :)

Off to check out your other card for your own inspiration challenge! maybe I'll be able to play along with yours today!

carrie said...

Cute card, but you did not tell me you got a Kitchen Aid Mixer, what color. Do you love it? I got mine FINALLY for Christmas, LOVE IT! In RED!!! Real Red that is! So, have you made the brownie cookies, I am so coming over! Love the smitten kitchen site! Can't believe you did not tell me about that either, we so need to chat more! Oh, I know on our drive to Salt Lake. I am sure with us chatting the time will fly, so long as I am not in labor! Love ya girl!

Becky Carafa said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for playing!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!