Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fresh Cut

I'm always excited to get a sneak peak at things from upcoming catalogs, and SU! is always faithful to provide at least a tiny peak.  This month, demonstrators got to see and purchase a set from the new catalog along with some fun new note cards.  The stamp set is called Fresh Cut and the note cards are called Fresh Cut Notes.  In June, hostesses with a workshop of $400 or more get the stamp set and matching note cards FREE in addition to their regular hostess benefits.  Everyone else can purchase the stamp set for $21.95 and the note cards for $5 (when you buy the stamp set.)  I got my demonstrator pre-order of the stamp set and note cards last week and thought I'd ink 'em up!  I decided to use them for the SCS inspiration challenge from Saturday.  Here's the inspiration piece.
I LOVE that chair!  It's so *me*.  In fact, this would go perfectly in my bedroom.  Hmmmmm. . . . May have to check into that.  *wink*  I digress.  Here's what I came up with.
 
I started with the main image and inked it in Sahara Sand.  Then I used my Night of Navy marker to ink over some of the image to highlight some areas.  I was really happy with how this turned out.  Then I took the smaller leafy image and inked that in Sahara Sand and then rolled the edges in Night of Navy (rock & roll technique).  I stamped that around the outside edges.  To emphasize the navy, I mounted the card onto a square piece of navy card stock (it still fits in the envelope provided) and added a 5-petal punch flower behind the laser cut flower on the inside of the card.  I attached a piece of Sahara Sand card stock inside of the card.  Then I layered the small flower image stamped in Sahara Sand and Night of Navy on top and finished the flower off with 3 vintage brads.  Just a side note, I LOVED SU!'s organdy ribbons.  I'm so sad they retired all of them. My disappointment will only be alleviated by the introduction of a large assortment of wide satin ribbon in the new catalog.  Really, that would make me feel better, and I would miss organdy a little less.  I used a bit of my hoarded, and retired, navy wide organdy ribbon to finish off this card. I don't really think it's possible for me to make a card without ribbon.  In fact, when I posted my Simply Scrappin' kit cards the other day, I had to go back to the actual cards (as opposed to looking at the picture on my computer) because I couldn't believe I left off the ribbon on the green set of cards.  Even as I'm typing this, the urge to go rectify that is nearly overwhelming.  *breathe*  Gotta run.  Ribbon calls.  



7 comments:

gina marie said...

I can see why you love stamping. I love challenges like this...it gets those creative juices going...but give you a little nudge...some direction. Nice work...I love that card. I would love to receive it and read it while sitting in that chair:-).

Hugs, Gina

Lisa H. said...

this is pretty. I've been checking out this sneak peek set, and think I must get it. Plus I'm going through SU-new withdrawl. great card, Britiney.

Brittany said...

WOW your work is wonderful!

mommy0f4 said...

this is gorgeous!!!!

I look foward to swapping with you and the other GSG!

Monique Van Keuren said...

Oh my goodness this card ROCKS!!! I can so see the chair in your card! Great work!

Sharon Graham said...

Great card! I love the color combination. You "copied" the chair beautifully.

LeeAnn Greff said...

Oooh, this is just lovely! What a great idea! That chair is just gorgeous too!
Thanks for the inspiration.

LeeAnn
Just another GSG

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!