Sunday, May 25, 2008

Finally, something crafty . . .

My dad and step-mom were here this weekend, so I spent last week getting things "ready" and then I spent the weekend with them.  (translate ~ no stamping time)  Today on the way home from church I said to my hubby, "Honey, can I stamp today?  Can I just go down to my craft room when we get home and stay down there for a while?"  I really just needed some space and time to catch my breath.  I almost always feel that way after having company for a few days.  So when we got home, he hung out with the kiddos and I spent some quality time in the craft lab.  Thanks, sweetie!! ~smooch~
In the course of just a couple of hours I made about about a dozen cards.  Lots of them were CASE's and I made several with a Simply Scrappin' Kit, but they're cards just the same and I have a better attitude/outlook on life because I had a few minutes to stamp.  So, of course I had to share my creations with you!  Because my week was so busy I didn't get to do any challenges, but that's my next goal.  I have a couple of Great Swaps Girls challenges to catch up on and I'd like to go see what I missed on SCS.  For now, these cards will have to suffice.  I saw this card last week on Karen Giron's blog.  I loved how she used a retired SSKit and knew I had to CASE it.  Unfortunately, I don't have any of that amazing orange ribbon, so I made do with what I had.  Here's what I came up with.  I made two of each, so I'll give you a picture of both cards and then a close up of one of them for each set.  
Karen's card had a few fun details I left out.  I think she embossed her sentiment, and she included some rhinestone brads.  I was going for fast and easy, so I skipped the embossed sentiment and bling and used the self-adhesive die cuts from the kit.  Lately, every time one of my kids has a birthday party to go to, I'm in a panic at the last second making a card.  These are for my *kid birthday* stash.  I thought they turned out cute and they were super quick and easy.  I got 6 of them made in just a few minutes!!  
On another note, I told a friend of mine recently and I think I told my stamper's club last week too, that one of my goals in life is to be a Great Swaps Girl.  I was sad when the link to find out information about joining the group disappeared from their blog.  Sooooooo . . . imagine my surprise and excitement when I got an email this week asking if I was interested in joining Great Swaps Girls 2.  Oh! my! word!  My head nearly exploded!  I was so excited!!  Of course I said yes and have been spending a few minutes here and there this weekend "meeting" some of the GSG2 girls!! Hey, girls!!  I'm seriously beside myself at even being considered, and I can't wait to get swapping with some of the awesome stampers!  
Ok, just one more thing from our weekend.  Because of the above-average snow pack for the year, run-off in our area has been higher than normal.  To accommodate the increased run-off, someone, whoever is in charge of such stuff, decided they would open the flood gates at the dam (ahem, *darn* if you're reading this out loud and there are little ears around, he he he) that is just a couple of miles from our house.  We went up there yesterday to see the resulting "rooster tail" or "chicken tail" if you're my 5 year old. It was pretty impressive.  Here are a couple of pictures from our adventure.  
 
This is my dad, me, my hubby & my kids. 

  


Thanks for stopping by.  I have lots more cards to share, so I'll be back soon. 

3 comments:

bristowmom said...

Hi Britiney,

This brings back memories. I think the last time they did the "dam thing" was the first spring I lived in Idaho. I went to see it by myself, which is how I did most things back then. My how times have changed! And when I met you you were pregnant with your youngest. Look at how big he is now - wow!

Thanks for the memories!

Laura

Kristin said...

Britiney, Congrats on joining GSG2! I recommended you and was hoping you'd get in the GSG1 but that's OK. I think our groups will be swapping each other in the future!! Have fun with it!

Marie said...

What cute cards, and CONGRATS on being invited to the group. I had taken a hiatus from SCS while moving and by the time I came back all of these groups existed and I was so sad to not have known how to be a part of them. I am so frustrated with the swaps I've gotten in the past that I don't really do them any more. Anyway, if you ever hear of someone dying and they need to fill her slot, let me know ;) LOL

Cut pics of the family too!!!

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!