Monday, May 12, 2008

A Day-after-Mother's-Day Miracle!!

MY CAMERA HAS BEEN LOCATED!!  YAY!!  One of the tiny details I left out of the missing camera story was the fact that my mom threw away all of the boxes, including the one with my camera.  She was feeling pretty terrible about having thrown my camera in the trash, so she was as ecstatic as I was when she went in to the Komen office today to drop off all of the extra "stuff" and someone had turned my camera in there.  Hooray!!  

Now we can spend our economic stimulus on home repairs since I said to my husband last night, "Have you noticed this crack in the wood floor?"  Mind you I was talking about the wood floor in the powder room on the ground floor.  He went upstairs to the boys' bathroom and discovered the toilet had been leaking.  We JUST had the floor in there replaced in November because it had leaked before and damaged the vinyl floor.  It's too early to tell if the new floor is damaged, but the ceiling in the family room (below the leak) is wet and the floor in the downstairs bathroom is showing signs of water, so who knows how this will turn out.  Oh, my word!  Can we just catch a little break?  Ok, enough doom an gloom and drear and forlorn, let's get to the goods, girls (guys too if there are any of you reading my blog.) 


My brother's birthday is on Thursday.  I ran across Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday sketch and thought I could incorporate it into a card using the retired hostess SSKit from the last catalog.  It wasn't until I was working on this post that I realized that this sketch is from MARCH!  Not sure what happened there, but apparently I really am losing my mind.  Hmmmm.  Anyway, current or not, here's my take on her March 31 sketch:
I thought this might also qualify for last week's limited supply challenge on SCS, which was to make a card with no stamping.  At the very end I added the stamped "happy birthday" message which disqualified me for that.  Close, but no cigar.  I do have one more post to share with you today and then you'll have to wait for more creations until I can get my camera back from my mom - probably on Thursday.  My club meets on Wednesday, so I'll have those fun creations to share with you after we meet and I also want to get some pictures of my new craft lab so my club girls can all see how it turned out.  I feel so crafty when I'm in there.  So, for now, I'm signing off.  I'll share my other cards later today or tomorrow.  See you then! Tah~


Card details:  Stamps:  A Little Birthday Cheer; Ink: Bayou Blue; Paper: Creative License Simply Scrappin' Kit, Pumpkin Pie, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White.

1 comment:

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

Looks great! Love the colors.

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!