Monday, May 19, 2008

Club Projects

Sorry I didn't get this post up last night.  About 9:30, I was rendered unconscious on the sofa and was unable to do anything but drag my sorry rear end to bed.  

We had a blast, as usual, at my club this month.  If you're not in the club, what are you thinking??!!  It's so much fun!  Really.  You should join us.  I'm anticipating an opening or two in the next few months, so now is the time.  Jump in.  You won't be sorry.  If you're not already in the club, here's what you missed this month:

First, we did the chalkboard technique.  I copied this card from Rhonda Beadell.  I just love her blog.  She's amazingly talented.  Maybe I should stop right here to say a couple of things.  First, I am all about using available resources for my business, so I tend to copy things others have done unless I have a specific idea I want to use.  No need to reinvent the wheel.  That's what I always say.  That being said, I always ask them permission to use their stuff and I pass their names on to my customers so they get the credit they deserve.  I used two of Rhonda's projects this month and she was gracious enough to give me permission to post info about them here.  So be sure to check out Rhonda's blog.  Leave her some *love* and tell her how much you like her stuff.  Here's the card we made:

My girlfriend, Carrie, was gracious enough to loan me her brand-new-never-seen-ink Live Your Dream stamp set.  Thanks, Carrie! We stamped the flower image on the main panel with white craft ink, then while that dried just a teensy bit we stamped the small flower image in Versamark on the background panel.  I think Rhonda may also have stamped the Canvas background stamp on her background, but we didn't do that.  I like how hers looks with it.  After stamping the small flowers, we used Stampin' Pastels (chalk) and sponge daubers to pounce chalk on the white ink to color it a bit.  It looks so pretty when it's done.  This technique is basically the pouncing pastels technique, but you're doing it on dark card stock instead of white.  

The next project we did was also a copy of one of Rhonda's projects.  You can see hers here.  This one is called the Dahlia fold.  I absolutely loved how beautifully this turned out with the Afternoon Tea Designer Series Papers, so I copied hers exactly.  The base of the card is Soft Sky Textured card stock.  That tiny bit of texture adds so much.  Here is a link to a tutorial on the Dahlia fold.  Here's one for the flap card.  

The last project we did this month featured the Carousel Notes from the Occasions Mini and more of the Afternoon Tea DSP.  Here's what it looks like:


We used the 6x6" chocolate envelopes that come with the Carousel Notes to create a bagalope which is basically a little bag made from an envelope.  This idea I copied from Kelly Swienton.  A big thanks to her for letting me copy her project and share it with all of you!  Stop by her blog and leave her some *love*.  We stamped the small flowers from the Live Your Dream stamp set on the envelope in white craft ink.  While that dried, we used the Pick A Petal Classy Brass Template to pierce holes and draw the white dots (with the white gel pen) around the outside edge of the carousel note.  We used a piece of the Afternoon Tea DSP in the center of the carousel note and scored down each side of the center scallop on the Carousel Note to make the lid.  Using the Crop-a-Dile, we punched holes and threaded the awesome new Chocolate Poly Twill ribbon through the holes to make a handle for our little purse.  I was running a little short on the giant flowers from my pretties kit, so I used two of the next size, a rhinestone brad, and two circles to finish off the front.  I was so happy with how this turned out and my club girls loved their little purses and matching cards.  

Ok, now pick up the phone and call me and tell me you want to be in the club!  Really, it's so fun.  Next up, my craft lab.  Stay tuned . . . 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Britiney for posting the club projects. I might have to add that DP to my next order. I missed being there and next month will not come soon enough. I love your blog.
Patsy

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!