Sunday, May 18, 2008

Beth Moore

Hello, Blogging friends.  I'll have some crafty goodies for you later tonight, but first I wanted to share with you a few things from my weekend.  We were lucky enough to have Beth Moore visit Boise as part of her Living Proof Ministries tours this weekend.  I found out last summer that she was coming and I think I bought my ticket in July.  That's how excited I was to see her.  I've really only ever completed one of her studies, although I'm currently working on my second one, but I feel like she takes me right to the feet of Jesus.  I glean something new from the Word every time I crack open one of her studies and open my heart to God.  

I can't even explain how amazing the sessions with her were this weekend.  She taught out of II Timothy 1.  The first night she said, "God has come into this place to ask this question, 'Can I trust you?'  God is looking for trustworthy people.  Are you one?"  Woah!  Ouch!  How's that for a wake-up call.  She then shared 7 points from II Timothy 1.  
  1. God has entrusted each of us with an extraordinary gift. (v. 6)
  2. God prepared for our maximum giftedness through a 2-fold heritage - our Family of Faith and our Family of Origin.
  3. God provided the wood, the oil, and the spark for a fiery gift but engaged our responsibility for fanning the flame.
  4. This gift and all that equips it is a trust that must be guarded. (v. 14)
  5. The three vital components of every extraordinary gift are Power, Love, and Self-Discipline. (v. 7) (another *ouch*!)  
  6. Our sufferings are parts of the trust that serve the gift. (v. 11-12)    
  7. God jealously guards as a cherished gift everything we've entrusted to him. (v. 12) Praise God!
She finished off the weekend, like she often does, with a commissioning.  It was one of the most humbling experiences to be commissioned by her and by God to go forward living out the things we learned throughout the weekend.  Overall it was an awesome experience and I'm so excited to see what God has in store for me because of what I learned.  I'm hungry to get into the word and spend time in prayer so I can hear what God has to say about these things in my life.  Living Proof usually puts out a recap video and Beth Moore usually shares the commissioning on her blog, so I'll share those here after they're available in case any of you are interested.  

On a more mundane, but differently important note, my husband is my hero.  There are some things you may not know about him.  One.  He will eat anything.  Really.  Even things that shouldn't be eaten.  There are only two exceptions.  Cantaloupe and hard boiled eggs.  That's it.  Anything else is fair game.  Two.  He is the most wonderful dad ever.  Really.  No one else even comes close.  He plays with my kids endlessly.  He's so much more patient than I am.  I love him for it.  Third, and more importantly, today at least, he can fix anything. ANYTHING.  Even things I wish he wouldn't.  Seriously.  It's amazing.  So, I know, you're saying, get to the point already!!  Yesterday, while I was at Beth Moore, he did a bunch of laundry.  I know.  Don't you just wish he was yours!!  I came home at noon and there was basically no dirty laundry in the whole house.  I kissed him.  A lot.  Fast forward a little to last night.  I put in a load of sheets and at about 10 p.m. the washer started beeping.  Now, mind you, I have a fairly new washer. We got it about 2 years ago when our old one went kaput.  It's a Kenmore front loading washer with all of the bells and whistles.  The old one was nearly 20 years old, so I figured if I have to live with the thing for nearly 20 years, and wash enough clothes to keep up with 3 little-but-growing boys and one husband, I want the best money can buy.  So, the washer beeped, continuously, for a while.  We figured it was the "end of cycle" alarm and ignored it.  This morning, it was basically locked up.  Both figuratively and literally.  The door was locked and I couldn't get it to unlock, and it was making a weird noise and basically not progressing on the cycle.  It was still working on the load from the night before.  When we got home from church, my DH and I tore the thing apart.  He was able to locate and disassemble the drain pump, remove a sock, some nails, a picture hanger hook, and some air-soft pellets from it, and re-assemble it.  Voila!  Fixed!  I was so happy.  Every time I go into the laundry room I'm still happy about it.  Seriously, with the broken toilet (aka. possible floor repairs - so far so good), the drainage work we just had done in our yard, the nearly-lost camera, and now the washer.  Someone is really out to get our economic stimulus package. Enough already!  We were able to fend off the economic stimulus robbers once again, thanks to my handy honey.  Thanks, sweetie!!  ~smooches~

Ok, I think that's enough rambling for one day.  I really will try to be back to post something crafty later tonight.  I *just* got permission from some fellow stampers to post the projects from my club meeting this week, since I CASED them from their blogs.  If nothing else, I'll try to get those up tonight.  Until then, tah~

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Funny! I found your blog because I'm having trouble with my HE2 plus beeping constantly. With 7 kids this thing better not give out on me...AND it's just over a year old. Looks like we're calling Sears. My hubby is not as handy as yours! BTW, I love Beth Moore.

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!