Friday, May 2, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch

Last week I had good intentions and printed Beate's weekend sketch challenge.  It's still sitting on the table in my craft room.  Maybe I'll get to it later tonight.  In the mean time, she posted a new challenge today.  Guess that means I officially missed the last one.  In a meager attempt to redeem myself - in my own eyes, of course - I did get a card made with the current sketch.  Here is what today's sketch looks like:
I really like this size.  I'm not sure why I like it so much.  Maybe just because it's something a little different.  While I was in the groove, I decided to make this another double challenge, so I checked out the recent color challenges on SCS.  The challenge a few weeks ago was to use River Rock, Basic Black, and Whisper White.  Here's my card:
I started with the River rock print from Porcelain Prints DSP.  That's one of my favorite papers from that set.  I layered that on white and black and then embossed the sentiment with black embossing powder.  Here's a close-up of the embossing:
I was wishing I had some black satin ribbon.  I think it would have made this even more elegant.  But, alas, another item for my extensive wish list.  I'm secretly (well, not so secretly anymore!) hoping that SU! comes out with lots more satin ribbon.  The chocolate and pomegranate from the holiday mini were so popular.  

The Deets:  Stamps: All Holidays; Paper: Porcelain Prints DSP, River Rock Textured CS, Basic Black, Whisper White, River Rock; Ink: Versamark; Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Vintage Brads, White Organdy Ribbon.

I broke down today and told my clubbers about my blog. Hey, gals! I know at least one of them stopped by today.  They're such a great bunch of ladies and I always have so much fun with them that I should pay them to stamp with me!  I'm already planning my projects for our May meeting which will be on the 14th.  So, just a shout out to some of my favorite stampin' friends!

I have one more post for later tonight.  Tomorrow is my honey and my 11th anniversary.  I made him something fun.  I'll share it with you later.  Till then, tah~  

5 comments:

gina marie said...

I love it...that is so elegant! Happy Anniversary!

gina marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carrie said...

Another gorgeous card, simple and elegant, how do you do it? You are the Rock Star!

Lori said...

Very pretty, elegant card! TFS

Leslie Hanna said...

How gorgeous is this!? I have been wanting to play with that color combo...

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!