Saturday, May 10, 2008

5-Petal Topiary

Well, I'm starting with this fun creation, just because it's the oldest.  My girlfriend, Carrie, and I made these a few weeks ago.  She was so awesome.  She came over to pick up some supplies I was loaning for a giant stamping event she was helping out with.  She brought all of the supplies for this and we got to just chat and hang out (well, as much as you can with two 3-year olds).  We did get them mostly done though, so I wanted to share mine with you.    
We started with small-ish size styrofoam balls and we punched the Print Pattern Designer Series Papers in Apricot, Pink, and Amethyst.  Then we punched the small white flowers for the centers with the Three For You punch box punch.  We just punched these out of copier paper so that it would be easier to push the pins through.  Then we just started pinning the flowers onto the ball.  Oh, and we inserted a wooden dowel in the bottom.  There's another styrofoam ball in the bottom of the pot that the bottom of the dowel goes into.  We used Crystal Effects to make sure the dowel stays put in both balls and I also put a little Crystal Effects into the pot to make sure that ball doesn't come out.  The pots are simple terra cotta pots painted with green craft paint.  I finished mine off with some rub-ons on the outside of the pot, just around the rim, and a tag that says "friends" from the Tagger's Dozen stamp set.  These were relatively quick and easy.  We had so much fun making them and I just loved how cute they turned out.  Thanks for stopping by.  I promise to be back a little later with some cards - including *my* inspiration challenge.  Yes, I finally got it done!!  Tah~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I love this topiary. Can't wait to try it! Gawgeous!

Barbara

MJ said...

I have to say that I absolutely love this! How stinkin cute.

The Fine Print

The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. The use of and content of the classes, services, and products offered on this site is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!